The 2009 NFL Playoffs - AFC Divisional Weekend in HDTV on CBS

San Diego Chargers at Pittsburgh Steelers

Live from Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

CBS HD 1080i & DD5.1

4:45 PM ET

Quote:
From foxsports.com

By John Czarnecki

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Even though LaDainian Tomlinson won't be playing, the Chargers have a shot because the franchise is 2-0 at Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Oddly, the Chargers are 0-13 here in the regular season.

The Steelers haven't allowed a run longer than 23 yards this season, but you can bet they will have their hands full with 5-foot-6 Darren Sproles, who had 328 yards of total offense last Saturday against the Colts. And don't forget that his backup, Michael Bennett, has big-play speed.

The Chargers must be able to run in order to keep Pittsburgh's pass rush (AFC-leading 51 sacks) and James Harrison, the league's defensive player of the year, off QB Philip Rivers. The Steelers' offense racked up 410 total yards in the first meeting, but never reached the end zone. Pittsburgh's points came on a safety and three Jeff Reed field goals. "Our red-zone efficiency has to improve," said QB Ben Roethlisberger, who has shown no ill effects in practice after suffering a concussion against the Browns in the last game of the regular season.

Look for the Steelers to use some no-huddle it worked well against the Chargers last time. San Diego must be concerned, too, with a healthy Willie Parker. Parker had 115 yards in the last game of the regular season and says he feels as good as he has all year. He sprained a knee ligament in the third game of the season and later suffered a dislocated shoulder.

Big Ben must keep San Diego's defense honest. It has played well down the stretch under new coordinator Ron Rivera. The Chargers are applying more pressure under Rivera, and poor protection has led to a steady diet of big hits for Roethlisberger. The Steelers have no major injuries, while San Diego TE Antonio Gates will start again on a bad ankle. The Colts were able to shut down WR Vincent Jackson, but the Chargers like their matchups against CB Ike Taylor.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-playoff-games

·
Registered
360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcorwin /forum/post/15526398

Alright, let's get ready for a quality production with proper HD throughout.

+1

NFL football they way it was meant to be seen and heard (if you cant make it to the game)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
CBS always looks stellar

·
Banned
7,723 Posts
Cincinnati watching Dayton station

WHIO-DT w/1 subchannel

51" CRT HD RPTV

LG LST-3510a ATSC tuner

DIY DB4 antenna with low noise indoor pre-amp

Watching Dayton because:

1)I have been reporting solely on Cinti stations all season and I like to spread the love around

and

2)WHIO has Dolby Digital 5.1 vs. WKRC Dolby Digital 2.0

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 /forum/post/15526526

Location and equipment being used would be nice to know...

I could be watching with a barbed wire, and it would still look better than Fox's pregame show

·
Banned
3,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkr /forum/post/15526614

I could be watching with a barbed wire, and it would still look better than Fox's pregame show

+1 Some folks enjoy some good old SD I guess.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
That blue screen is not agreeing with Nantz and Simms' hair.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Orlando, FL

WKCF-DT(6.1) OTA and Dish HD

Multi-casting with LATV, still looks loads better than Fox's production of the game itself

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
TD even with the uncalled PI on Pitt

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I wondered if Pitt could handle Sproles's speed. I dont think they can. ANd that charger punter is like another weapon.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts
Pittsburgh weather

26°F

Current: Cloudy

Wind: NW at 0 mph

Humidity: 81%

Snow flurries / showers

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wow, Big Ben with the Punt

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The best looking part was that return by Holmes. I loved the attack on the camera man

1 - 20 of 62 Posts