The 2009 NFL Playoffs - AFC Divisional Weekend in HDTV on CBS

Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee Titans

Live from LP Field, Nashville, TN

CBS HD 1080i & DD5.1

4:30 PM ET

Quote:
From foxsports.com

John Czarnecki

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: The Titans better hope this isn't the 2001 playoffs all over again. They were the AFC's top seed, just like this season, only to be upset by Baltimore, which went on to win Super Bowl XXXV over Jim Fassel's Giants. You can bet that Baltimore will test DT Albert Haynesworth's knee right away by running inside with FB Le'Ron McClain.

In fact, all of Baltimore's running backs are healthy. This could be a fast-paced game if both teams decide to pound away with their running backs. The Titans will be minus All-Pro center Kevin Mawae, which means Leroy Harris must make the blocking calls at the line of scrimmage. He must also move Ravens NT Haloti Ngata. If he doesn't, Tennessee will need the guards and FB Ahmard Hall to help out.

Harris is more physical than Mawae, but not as savvy as the 15-year veteran. This could slow down the day for rookie RB Chris Johnson, who has been an exceptional off-tackle all season. The Titans will see a different version of rookie QB Joe Flacco, who has been allowed to throw more and take more chances in the second half of the season. Flacco does have a strong arm, although he tends to be wild on deep out routes. The Titans intercepted him twice earlier in the season.

Tennessee DE Kyle Vanden Bosch returns from groin surgery and Jeff Fisher's team needs him to apply pass-rush pressure. It would be a huge loss if he can't finish or sustain his rush. And backup DE Dave Ball figures to be inactive.

WR Derrick Mason, a former Titan, continues to be Flacco's top target despite playing with a serious left-shoulder injury. He had four catches for 71 yards in last weekend's wild-card game. The Titans know they can't afford to fall behind and allow the Ravens' pass rush to get after QB Kerry Collins. The switch to Collins allowed a passing offense that struggled throughout 2007 with Vince Young to emerge as at least respectable. Touchdown passes improved from nine to 13 and interceptions dropped from 17 to nine (only seven by Collins in 15 starts).

Collins must be cognizant of Ravens safety Ed Reed's location at all times. Reed is a big-play safety who has eight interceptions in the past five games. The Titans don't have explosive receivers, but WR Brandon Jones can be effective in the slot. Jones is shifty with decent speed.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-playoff-games

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
"its raining its pouring the old man is snoring....he went to bed & bumped his head & he didnt get up in the morning."

-supertramp.

lindsay soto's doin pregame reporting for NFLN & shes looking fine....gotta get her more airtime.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts
Weather for Nashville, TN

59°F

Current: Rain

Wind: NW at 2 mph

Humidity: 91%

It looks like the rain will tail off, by the end of the game temperatures will drop to near 40°F with winds of 12 mph.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Aww I want a playoff game with weather elements

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts
Up running and in 1080i & DD5.1, on the CBS digital television network.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/15518302

Weather for Nashville, TN

59°F

Current: Rain

Wind: NW at 2 mph

Humidity: 91%

It looks like the rain will tail off, by the end of the game temperatures will drop to near 40°F with winds of 12 mph.

or as those of us in Michigan call it, skinny dipping weather. Right?

·
Registered
45,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails /forum/post/15519079

ANyone else getting audio drop-outs in the HD feed? Not getting it on any other channels but have had it since the pre-game show.

Nope, perfect from WWJ-DT CBS Detroit OTA.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/15519242

Nope, perfect from WWJ-DT CBS Detroit OTA.

Hmm, thanks. Must be an ATL local CBS46 thing. Really annoying because it is fine during commercials but breaks up every few mins during the game.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Another fine 1080i CBS broadcast and LOTS of low field level (moving) cameras.

They do the best with that 1080i signal.

Looks outstanding - Cablevision of NJ on the 106" Dalite HP/JVC RS-1.

Okay spoke too soon, a little pixelation here and there. Must be the compression.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
PQ has been highly variable today on KTVT in Dallas via FiOS. The rain early in the game made the picture very soft, but it's much better now that the rain has stopped. As for audio, the surround channels could use a 3dB bump. No audio dropouts here.

·
Banned
7,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz /forum/post/15519400

PQ has been highly variable today on KTVT in Dallas via FiOS. The rain early in the game made the picture very soft, but it's much better now that the rain has stopped. As for audio, the surround channels could use a 3dB bump. No audio dropouts here.

Truer words have never been written...Exact same situation/conditions on my set...

Cincinnati

WLWT-DT w/1 sub channel

51" CRT HD RPTV

LG LST-3510a ATSC tuner

DIY antenna with pre-amp

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
I've got a buffer so I'm a bit behind, but if the Ravens would have challenged that last stop (before Hall got the first down) at the goal line, they would have been awarded a safety. His knee was down and the ball hadn't left the end zone before he bounced forward.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails /forum/post/15519079

ANyone else getting audio drop-outs in the HD feed? Not getting it on any other channels but have had it since the pre-game show.

Yes, audio drop-outs here, too. I am in downtown Atlanta.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts