Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2009 NFL Playoffs - NFC Wild Card Weekend in HDTV on NBC

Indianapolis Colts at San Diego Chargers

Live from Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA

NBC HD 1080i & DD5.1

8:00 PM ET

Al Michaels, John Madden will have the call, Andrea Kremer serves as the sideline reporter.

Quote:
From foxsports.com

John Czarnecki

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: The Chargers finished the regular season 31st against the pass and they face Colts QB Peyton Manning, who won his third MVP award (tying Brett Favre) because he was red hot down the stretch. Manning threw 17 TDs and only three INTs during Indy's nine-game winning streak. But while Manning is playing well and has a very talented group of downfield targets, the Chargers haven't generated a consistent pass rush all season without Shawne Merriman. The secondary, even with Ron Rivera taking over the defensive controls, has been mostly a passive bunch in coverage, particularly Antonio Cromartie, who had 10 interceptions last season. He finished with two this season. Remember, it was Cromartie who had three picks of Manning last season in his breakout game. San Diego ILB Stephen Cooper has been playing great down the stretch, collecting his team-high four INTs during the winning streak. The Chargers have had some success creating turnovers against Manning in the past, including nine INTs in three meetings the past two seasons. The key for San Diego is to stuff RB Joseph Addai and thus keep them out of play-action possibilities.

Chargers QB Philip Rivers has been sensational down the stretch and one big reason has been the improved play of LT Marcus McNeil, who might be able to handle Dwight Freeney. The real key may be if Jeromey Clary can stay with Robert Mathis on the other side. The Colts' defensive strength is their team speed and that safety Bob Sanders is healthy, as is much of the rest of their secondary. The big loss is MLB Gary Brackett, who is a tackling machine. RB LaDainian Tomlinson (groin) won't be 100 percent, but San Diego needs him in the lineup. It's too bad that he's been slowed, because L.T. looked like he was back to his 2007 form with the quick cutting and hard running that made him the best back in fantasy football. TE Antonio Gates, who has a severe ankle sprain, will try to play. Rivers needs both players to complete the short passes that lead to the downfield throws to Vince Jackson and Chris Chambers. Backup RB Darren Sproles is one of the league's best screen runners and can also help negate some of the Colts' speed. The Chargers fell to the Colts in the regular season this year at home, 23-20.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ild-card-games

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts
And we're off!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That field looks very ugly. Too much football played in that stadium in the last week or so with all the bowl games.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Noticeably better PQ for this game, and no first down line garbage at the top of the frame. Also hearing much more crowd noise in the surrounds, which is a big plus. Ref's mic sounded like it had some clipping on those penalty calls.

Watching on KXAS Dallas via FiOS.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNF Mixer /forum/post/15451269

Stadium's ref mic has been bad to us all day

Hopefully they'll stay out of it, so it won't matter.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmerica /forum/post/15451569

NBC's HD video quality of this game is disappointing. A lot of motion blur/ pixelation on action shots.

must be your local or provider , because it looks perfect ota here in Columbia , SC.

·
Registered
45,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcorwin /forum/post/15451647

It looks alright with the exception of the transition from large graphics to live action. Nothing new there...

No one is exempt from that.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinivey /forum/post/15451622

must be your local or provider , because it looks perfect ota here in Columbia , SC.

I see the same problems here, OTA on Channel 11.1 in Atlanta. I agree, it is probably the local affiliate. Weather on 11.2 here, & there is macro blocking galore on the wipes, transitions, fast pans etc.

As noted above, the sound for this game is much more robust, than that sorry Falcons game

As an aside, Ray Parker Jr. is gettin' paid & I can not wait until that Monsters

vs. Aliens movie comes out on blue, if the promos are any indication.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/15451654

No one is exempt from that.

Nope. Although, some use those enormous graphics more often than others. It annoys me and messes with my eyes a bit. I feel myself having to refocus.

·
Registered
45,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcorwin /forum/post/15451671

Nope. Although, some use those enormous graphics more often than others. It annoys me and messes with my eyes a bit. I feel myself having to refocus.

Consume more alcohol. It won't be a problem.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts