The 2009 NFL Playoffs - NFC Divisional Weekend in HDTV on FOX

Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers

Live from Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC

FOX HD 720p & DD5.1

8:15 PM ET

Quote:
From foxsports.com

John Czarnecki

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Arizona QB Kurt Warner has been helped the past two games as his offense has shifted away from the passing game a bit. With RB Edgerrin James returning to the backfield, Warner has been productive with play-action. James has gained 173 yards on 30 carries in the past two games and he's looked fresh and quick. He even has broken tackles in the secondary, something he didn't do earlier this season.

WR Anquan Boldin (sore hamstring) will be active and will attempt to play as long as possible. Boldin didn't practice all week.

The Cardinals lost in Carolina during the regular season after having a 17-3 lead in the second half. You can expect the Cardinals to attack CB Ken Lucas as much as possible with Steve Breaston and Larry Fitzgerald. On the flip side, OT Mike Gandy will have to negate Carolina RDE Julius Peppers. Gandy has been playing well recently. He shut out the Falcons' John Abraham last Saturday and Peppers didn't have a sack against the Cardinals earlier this season, even though Warner passed 49 times.

The Panthers have won five straight against Arizona under coach John Fox, including a 27-23 win on Oct. 26. In that game, Steve Smith caught five passes for 117 yards and two touchdowns, while DeAngelo Williams ran for 108 yards and one score. This is the first postseason meeting between the two teams.

Carolina's offensive line has been tough all season and one reason why the team was 8-0 at home during the regular season. For Arizona, ILB Karlos Dansby must duplicate his game against Atlanta's Michael Turner when dealing with Williams and his running partner, Jonathan Stewart. Dansby had one of his best games ever last week against the Falcons. He finished with eight tackles, including three for losses, and was a huge factor in limiting Turner to 42 yards, none of which came in the second half. The Panthers must get a blocker on Dansby, or he will be disruptive.

The Cardinals recovered 17 fumbles this season, the most in the league. However, Williams hasn't fumbled all season while scoring 20 touchdowns, 18 on the ground. Smith has five TDs in his last three games vs. Arizona. The whole key could be Carolina QB Jake Delhomme, who has had an uneven season. When he's hot, he's hot. When not, well, the Panthers tend to struggle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-playoff-games

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Bad audio issues on D* 398

Best part of it is I couldn't here Saragoofy.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Audio leading video slightly on the game on WSFX Wilmington via TWC. Studio was ok.

Sideline guy make me happy with Miss Kremer.

Go Panthers.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE /forum/post/15520535

Bad audio issues on D* 398

Best part of it is I couldn't here Saragoofy.

Can barely here the announcers. Definately a D* or WNYW issue.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Whoo Hoo!! Ground game is looking good!!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Fine here in Charlotte, Video ES pretty constant at 15.5 mb/s.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
WNYW-DT FiOS TV

I noticed one or two glitches in the pregame where the feed switched to 4:3 and the audio dropped out for a few seconds and then went back to 16:9.

Audio sounds fine here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Time warner an directv in San diego has the same soft camera. It reminds me of before fox went to hd and they had every game in 480p

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier /forum/post/15520783

WNYW-DT NY OTA

Typical Fox, tons of swimming grass, very soft main cam, other cams look good.

looks way worse than norma on the main. you'd think they'd get it right for playoffs.

disappointing.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Something just isn't quite right with the picture. Seems like the usual soft main cameras except with detail enhancement cranked up a lot more than normal. Audio sounds pretty good here, with a lot more in the surrounds than the earlier CBS game, at least until the Cards stunned the crowd into silence. Good to see my Cards rolling and proving those who said they can't step up, wrong.

KDFW Dallas via FiOS.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts