The 2009 NFL Playoffs - NFC Divisional Weekend in HDTV on FOX

Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants

Live from Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

FOX HD 720p & DD5.1

1 PM ET

Quote:
From foxsports.com

By John Czarnecki

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: With a weather forecast of freezing rain and 25-mph winds, the conditions would seem to favor the Giants' three-pronged running attack, which includes the return of a healthy Brandon Jacobs. In New York's first game against the Eagles, Jacobs ran for 126 yards and two TDs. In the game the Eagles won, during their late-season run to a playoff berth, Jacobs had 52 yards on 10 carries before injuring his left knee early in the third quarter.

There is no question that with the Giants minus WR Plaxico Burress, the offense's most feared player, Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson has decided to play single coverage on the outside receivers and fill every gap by bringing up safeties Brian Dawkins and Quintin Mikell. This scheme worked when Burress was suspended for the last game, plus the Eagles ranked fourth in the league defending the run, allowing 92.3 yards a game.

Jacobs, Derrick Ward and Ahmad Bradshaw combined for 217 rushing yards in the Giants' Week 10 win, but they had just 100 yards in the rematch four weeks later. The Eagles limited Adrian Peterson to 83 yards last Sunday, with 40 yards coming on one run. "Those guys are ready to play," Jacobs said. "The Eagles have been playing very, very good football lately. So we're going to have to match their intensity."

Eagles coach Andy Reid has done a good job in recent weeks of continuing to get consistent touches for RB Brian Westbrook. Reid must continue to use Westbrook and also Correll Buckhalter, who has looked extra quick in recent weeks. The Eagles need to run in order to take New York's pass rush off QB Donovan McNabb, who lacks deep threats but is very good against man coverage. Westbrook needs to get around 25 touches to move the chains and keep the defense rested. He had a career-high 33 carries in the last meeting, which helped wear down the Giants.

McNabb was sacked just 23 times during the regular season, but the Eagles could be overmatched by the Giants' pass rush on obvious passing downs, considering both offensive tackles, Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan (knee), are hurting.

Interestingly, Giants QB Eli Manning has struggled in his last two games in windy conditions at the Meadowlands, but overall he is 15-5 in games played in 10-mph or higher winds at home.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-playoff-games

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Have to say, I'm not digging this matchup at all given the way the Eagles have looked lately. Go Giants...but I may just dig the cars out of the ice instead.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Comcast HD (Chicago) Fox HD NFL PreGame Show is horrible to watch. If this is what HD is, then we are paying too much for hype. And I am talking about the studio shots of Bradshaw and crew...soft, blurry, pixelated. Yuck! I just hope the game looks better. I have guests arriving.

I wish this was on CBS.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Was that the Fringe dude?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I'm in Chicago watching the game OTA and on Dish and the picture is as good as anything I have ever seen. In fact, Dish is as good as OTA. I have had Comcast before and it was terrible. Get a decent source and see the difference

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezug /forum/post/15524814

Comcast HD (Chicago) Fox HD NFL PreGame Show is horrible to watch. If this is what HD is, then we are paying too much for hype. And I am talking about the studio shots of Bradshaw and crew...soft, blurry, pixelated. Yuck! I just hope the game looks better. I have guests arriving.

I wish this was on CBS.

The pregame show is not HD. The LA studio outputs 480i Widescreen upconverted to 720p. This has been the case since FOX started doing HD and sounds like it will continue to be the case for some time.

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-hd /forum/post/15525013

Is anyone else getting occasional 'pauses' in the feed on HD?

On Charter cable in Mass.

Nope, it has been fine here in Detroit from WJBK via Comcast.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Much better quality today than last night. Still a good bit of the usual dancing grass on the main cams, but it's one of the better games on Fox this year. KDFW Dallas via FiOS. Not experiencing any video freezes or audio skips.

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PQ looks very good here in Detroit from WJBK via Comcast. One of the FOX games I have seen.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well this really sucks, Big GINATS fan here in Las Vegas, and the signal OTA and on DISH is unwatchable. Keeps cutting in and out, been down for the last 10 mins!! I;ve seen maybe 5 plays all game.

Win

·
Banned
7,723 Posts
Cincinnati watching Dayton station

WRGT-DT w/1 subchannel

51" CRT HD RPTV

LG LST-3510a ATSC tuner

DIY DB4 antenna with low noise pre-amp

Pre-game show PQ was crisp sharp and vibrant...

Game PQ is crystal clear...sharp...detailed...

CBS could only hope to have their games look this good...

Audio rivals that of NBC Sunday Night Football w/Wendel doing the mixing...Just outstanding!!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
A+ on D*398 WNYW. Audio excellent on Sirius 124.

No Fringe viewers here huh? :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, that's the Fringe dude. I'm not a fan of network cross promotions, but I like the way they just had the guy standing there on the sideline staring off into the distance...and no mention of him by the announcers.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo /forum/post/15525206

Yeah, that's the Fringe dude. I'm not a fan of network cross promotions, but I like the way they just had the guy standing there on the sideline staring off into the distance...and no mention of him by the announcers.

Thats how they have done it on the show also. He is always there somewhere with no mention of him. Thanks for confirming.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 /forum/post/15525110

Cincinnati watching Dayton station

WRGT-DT w/1 subchannel

51" CRT HD RPTV

LG LST-3510a ATSC tuner

DIY DB4 antenna with low noise pre-amp

Game PQ is crystal clear...sharp...detailed...

Audio rivals that of NBC Sunday Night Football w/Wendel doing the mixing...Just outstanding!!!

I'm a bit confused by your comments. The pre-game isn't even in HD. CBS games almost always look better as well.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 /forum/post/15525110

As upconverted video always is.....

Quote:

Local issue.

·
Banned
7,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/15525262

As upconverted video always is......

...and as stated...no problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/15525262

Local issue.

No...No it isn't...FOX has the best looking games of all 3 networks followed [closely] by NBC and CBS...Now don't overlook of course that this is all subjective and personal preference...

·
Banned
7,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcorwin /forum/post/15525260

I'm a bit confused by your comments. The pre-game isn't even in HD. CBS games almost always look better as well.

Sorry for your confusion...The two descriptions of the two different shows are quite different [in my opinion] and I didn't say the pre-game was in HD...I thought my descriptions of each differentiated between HD and upscaled...

As for CBS almost always looks better that is subjectional and personal preference...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts