Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2009 NFL Playoffs - NFC Wild Card Weekend in HDTV on NBC

Atlanta Falcons at Arizona Cardinals

Live from University of Phoenix, Glendale, AZ

NBC HD 1080i & DD5.1

4:30 PM ET

Tom Hammond, Cris Collinsworth will have the call, Tiki Barber serves as the sideline reporter.

Quote:
From foxsports.com

John Czarnecki

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: The Cardinals will host their first playoff game since 1947 when the franchise was in Chicago. Turnovers have plagued the Cardinals the past two months, and that's what Atlanta will be striving to force. In the last seven games, the Cardinals have committed 16 turnovers — 10 of them in their own territory. Opponents have converted those turnovers into 10 touchdowns and two field goals, a major reason why the Cardinals lost four of their past six games, going from 7-3 to 9-7. Putting pressure on Arizona QB Kurt Warner, who was sacked only 26 times this season, will be critical if the Falcons are going to win. Atlanta DE John Abraham, who led the Falcons with 16 1/2 sacks, should be a handful for OT Mike Gandy. "Warner gets hit more than any quarterback in the league," Abraham said. "Our biggest thing is to keep the pressure on him and keep hitting him. We might not get the sacks, but we have to make sure we get him frustrated." Atlanta DEs Chauncey Davis and Kroy Biermann will rotate in place of injured Jamaal Anderson, who suffered a high ankle sprain against Minnesota on Dec. 21. Both players had sacks last week; the two have combined for six sacks, while Anderson has just two. Warner, who passed for 4,583 yards and 30 TDs, averages 37 attempts per game.

One big plus for the Arizona offense is the return of WR Anquan Boldin, who appeared to have fresh legs in practice this week after sitting out several games with a bum shoulder. "He moved around very well," coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "He looked very good. I'm glad I sat him." Also returning is OLB Travis LaBoy, who had four sacks during an injury-marred season. The Falcons can control the game's tempo with RB Michael Turner, who scored 17 rushing TDs this season while running for 1,699 yards in a career year. If Turner moves the pile, it will allow rookie QB Matt Ryan to pick his spots and utilize play action. Ryan was 6-0 this season in games in which he had a 100.0 or higher quarterback rating. WR Roddy White had a team-record season with 1,382 receiving yards, and he's a great deep threat, averaging 15.7 yards a catch. Plus, White has 29 third-down receptions, second-best in the NFL.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ild-card-games

·
Registered
322 Posts
After 3 days of setup we are ready to drop the puck....er I mean kick off!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern2356 /forum/post/15448745

After 3 days of setup we are ready to drop the puck....er I mean kick off!

Yes, you folks have been busy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
'cuse me SNF...didn't you guys had 20+weeks to get ready?

Have a good show!

·
Registered
322 Posts
See ya in Tampa! This is week 1 for me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
WTF! Why is Matt Millen on the Pre-Game Show....you got to be kidding me? Yes, I am a Long Suffering Lions Fan and this is the ultimate slap in the face.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It wasn't the 0-16 season? He was a good at the TV game before the Lions debacle. I for one would like to see him get some respect back. Always liked him. Good player.

Edit: But I'm not a Lions fan :)

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,719 Posts
HD for kickoff in Detroit WDIV-DT NBC OTA. Looks and sounds good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks pretty good. Watching on WSLS via Comcast in Blacksburg, VA.

·
Registered
456 Posts
rear audio seems a bit subdued....

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
bleh, looks like crap in Montgomery AL, nothing like watching a smear move acrossed the screen

·
Registered
45,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil /forum/post/15449670

bleh, looks like crap in Montgomery AL, nothing like watching a smear move acrossed the screen

Does your local NBC affiliate multicast?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts