AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
from the link above this model is the only one to have led bl and newer audio enhancements. i thought the 551vxt was the only led vizio. it would be nice to see them do two different led types; local dimming and global. if so this would probably be a thin model lacking pq quality compared to the ld led.

Model: VL470M

Size: 47" LED

Contrast: 50,000:1 Mega DCR

Refresh Rate: 120 Hz

HDMI inputs: 4

Game Port: Yes

Audio Enhancements: SRS TruSurround HD & TruVolume

Availability: Summer 2009

Price: $1099.99

for an led set that's cheap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
why is this thread dead? i thought more people would be interested in vizio by now. especially with this economy. the 551 can't be the only interesting set.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurri2006 /forum/post/15935966

why is this thread dead? i thought more people would be interested in vizio by now. especially with this economy. the 551 can't be the only interesting set.

Lets face it, Vizio's early sets were pretty horrible. I have no idea of the quality of their new high end lines that emphasize quality (or is that just marketing BS?), but they're going to have a tough time living down the crap they put out for the first 2 or 3 years. In an enthusiast forum like this, is that really a surprise? Frankly, they didn't even have much (if any) of a price advantage last year. This year, they may be able to stick it to the price controlling name brands in LED, but Edge/Global LED schemes are already pretty suspect, which is why there's only interest in the 551.

·
Registered
643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurri2006 /forum/post/15935966

This thread is dead because there is another thread dealing with the 2009 Vizio sets. Use the search function and find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts