AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I thought Cronenberg and Boll were pretty funny, too.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Agree, Uwe Boll on Michael Bay was short and sour!

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
19. Kevin Smith on Tim Burton (in response to “I would never read a comic book”):

“Which, to me, explains *&^%$#@ Batman.”

- I can't stand Burton's Batman. That and the original Punisher with Dolph Lundgren almost soured me on comic book movies for life.

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
5. Orson Welles on Jean-Luc Godard:

Quote:
“His gifts as a director are enormous. I just can’t take him very seriously as a thinker — and that’s where we seem to differ, because he does. His message is what he cares about these days, and, like most movie messages, it could be written on the head of a pin.”

"The more things change . . . the more they remain the same."

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
James Cameron on Mark Canton:

Quote:
"while many films drew inspiration from his “Avatar” and used 3D in a way that befitted the story, “Piranha 3D” was merely scraping on the bottom of the creativity barrel."
Mark Canton on James Cameron:

Quote:
"not only is Cameron too stuck up to see past his own merits (if any), but that he’s also greatly exaggerating how groundbreaking “Avatar” was."

“Mr. Cameron, who singles himself out to be a visionary of movie-making, seems to have a small vision regarding any motion pictures that are not his own,”

“His comments are ridiculous, self-serving and insulting to those of us who are not caught up in serving his ego and his rhetoric,”
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Piran...r-154543.shtml

·
Registered
29,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/20811797

19. Kevin Smith on Tim Burton (in response to I would never read a comic book):

Which, to me, explains *&^%$#@ Batman.

Kevin Smith's comeback to Tim Burton is pretty funny... until you realize that this is coming from the guy who wrote an officially authorized, in-continuity comic book story about Batman peeing his pants.

Kevin Smith is an a*hole.

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/0

Kevin Smith's comeback to Tim Burton is pretty funny... until you realize that this is coming from the guy who wrote an officially authorized, in-continuity comic book story about Batman peeing his pants.

Kevin Smith is an a*hole.

Haha.. he actually wrote one of the types of scenarios that his slacker characters would ponder and discuss? I find that pretty awesome, though I'm not much of a comic book person so I have no indignation about it.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
3. Ingmar Berman on Orson Welles

I think they meant Shelley Berman.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.