AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I purchased last year's Samsung HLP5063W on clearance at CC for $1950. The TV has not been delivered yet because I'm waiting to have it delivered once my basement is finished. Now in CC's Sunday paper add today, they have the HLR5067W for $2300. Question is this....

I have not had time to do side by side comparisons, and I have read other forum threads. But... Is the HLR worth spending $350 more or not.

Any feeback is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I love the HLR; only problem for me is that I see the DLP rainbows :( I don't know first hand, but I was told by Samsung customer service that there were great improvements to improve / fix audio sync problems in going from the HLP to the HLR. I also believe that the HLR has a newer generation picture technology and a wider variety of inputs. In short, I would go with the HLR; what's $350 more when you are already at $2K? You will get an improved picture, less headaches, and more flexibility in hooking it up... just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjensen
I love the HLR; only problem for me is that I see the DLP rainbows :( I don't know first hand, but I was told by Samsung customer service that there were great improvements to improve / fix audio sync problems in going from the HLP to the HLR. I also believe that the HLR has a newer generation picture technology and a wider variety of inputs. In short, I would go with the HLR; what's $350 more when you are already at $2K? You will get an improved picture, less headaches, and more flexibility in hooking it up... just my opinion.
I'm not sure I agree with all these statements. Go to Samsung's site and do a comparison of features/inputs/specs. I don't believe that there is a significant difference between the HLR 67 series and the HLP series (unless you want an internal tuner, which will likely not be important if you are using an external HD cable or Sat box). Now, if you were talking about the HLR 68 series, that's a whole different story.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Greetings,

I have had the opportunity to compare both displays and have found them to be very similar. Unless there is a specific feature you feel you require on the HLR I would recommend sticking with the HLP, both displays will provide an excellent image after calibration.

Regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.