AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, my 10 year old Sharp 61RWP5H has finally died. RIP. I posted a problem w/ the Sharp View Timer light almost 10 years ago. The Sharp Tech that replaced the motherboard said that the cooling fluid leaked all over the motherboard and basically fried the circuit. These Sharp RPTV were prone to happen when tilted. (These damn those are so big, of course some tilting must be involved to move it up 2 flights of outdoor stairs.)

So now, 10 years later, after the earthquake, I'm getting the view timer blinking light problem again. Unplugging the set and re-plugging it again doesn't help. It'll turn on, then shut off after 30-45 minutes. I did a google search and WOW, found my old thread on another forum. The internet really is eternal
I suspect the shaking of the earth was enough to shake some fliud out this time. ARghhhh!

So now, I'm faced with the age-old question of Plasma or LED. LOL. I have a Samsung LED 55" from HHGregg's Black Friday sale last year. Great TV, but I found the auto-blur/auto-motion etc... very annoying. I wasn't liking that "soap opera" effect so I might try a plasma this time....another 60" probably. I know this is the wrong thread, so I'll search for suggestions in the plasma and LED/LCD threads.

Thanks for reading my sad story. It's been a good 10 year run.

On a whim, I called my Homeowners insurance and was told, I don't have earthquake insurance...LOL.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy /forum/post/20880925

Yup, my 10 year old Sharp 61RWP5H has finally died. RIP. I posted a problem w/ the Sharp View Timer light almost 10 years ago. The Sharp Tech that replaced the motherboard said that the cooling fluid leaked all over the motherboard and basically fried the circuit. These Sharp RPTV were prone to happen when tilted. (These damn those are so big, of course some tilting must be involved to move it up 2 flights of outdoor stairs.)

So now, 10 years later, after the earthquake, I'm getting the view timer blinking light problem again. Unplugging the set and re-plugging it again doesn't help. It'll turn on, then shut off after 30-45 minutes. I did a google search and WOW, found my old thread on another forum. The internet really is eternal
I suspect the shaking of the earth was enough to shake some fliud out this time. ARghhhh!

So now, I'm faced with the age-old question of Plasma or LED. LOL. I have a Samsung LED 55" from HHGregg's Black Friday sale last year. Great TV, but I found the auto-blur/auto-motion etc... very annoying. I wasn't liking that "soap opera" effect so I might try a plasma this time....another 60" probably. I know this is the wrong thread, so I'll search for suggestions in the plasma and LED/LCD threads.

Thanks for reading my sad story. It's been a good 10 year run.

On a whim, I called my Homeowners insurance and was told, I don't have earthquake insurance...LOL.

Before throwing in the towel you should post your story at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...95922&page=311

Mr. Bob is the Authority on CRT RPTV, if your Sharp falls into that category. It's the Don't Dump Your CRT RPTV thread, and he may be able to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.