AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is it worth it?  I think not.  I would rather use up the extra storage space in my Disc Wallet then to pay that price for those Disc's. I shopped search again this is what I got for Walmart.

Walmart Prices are the Best For Me With Ordering Online.  This Reflects Prices As of March 31, 2014, Tax is Included in each example.  Episodes are edited.  prices changed the next day after I wrote this post, the Spindle is now $27.00 tax included.

A 100 Spindle Verbatim-R Recordable 4.5 gig AZO Discs 120 min. $22.78 each

That comes to 23 cents a piece and I would be able to get 3/45 min. episodes of Gunsmoke on each Disc.

A 5 pack of Verbatim DL AZO 8.5 Gig Discs 240 min. On Clearance $10.08 each

That comes to $2.16 cents a piece and I would be able to get 5/45 min. episodes of Gunsmoke on each Disc.

What a Giant difference in price.  Even if the DLs  Doubled the episodes 6 each (they don't) they could not compare to the Spindle price. That Doubled price for the Spindle would be 6 episodes, on 2 Discs for $0.46 cents.

Even if my calculations are wrong the price of the DLs are just a waste. Again, I really can't see using these Discs after this comparison.  What do people use these for?

I thought I would go ahead and buy the DL until I did the match and being that there are a lot of episodes of Gunsmoke It would cost so much money to buy the DLs' that it is just not worth the money.  I would be better off buying the Actual Series on DVD.  Each Volume Of the series is running about $20.00 At Walmart.  I don't know how many episodes are in each volume.  That is a good question.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY EPISODES ARE A NORMAL AMOUNT ON A RUNNING SERIES THAT YOU BUY ON DVD?  HOW MANY EPISODES ON 1 DISC,  WHAT IS THE NORM,  DOES ANYONE OWN STORE BOUGHT SERIES TO SEE HOW MANY 1 HOUR EPISODES ARE BEING PUT ON DISC NOWADAYS?  PLEASE LOOK AND LET ME KNOW.

THEN I COULD FINISH DOING MY PRICE COMAPARISON WITH AN ESTIMATED AMOUNT OF EPISODES ON STORE BOUGHT DISCS.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Walmart went and changed their prices on the 100 spindle of AZO Verbatim-R Discs they are now $27.00 with tax included.     http://www.walmart.com/ip/Verbatim-DVD-R-4.7GB-16X-AZO-100pk-Spindle/8207324

They also changed the price of the Teknmotion wallet 400 disc holder from $17.99 to $29.00.  I sure hope that wallet is want I want for my disc movie collection.  It is a binder so you can move the sleeves around to adjust the location of the discs.  here is a link     http://www.walmart.com/ip/TekNmotion-400-Disc-Case-Organizer-Black/15939946

·
Registered
13,284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag1993daewoo  /t/1522479/the-8-5-gig-dl-disc-dilema-again/0_100#post_24480694

there are a lot of episodes of Gunsmoke It would cost so much money to buy the DLs' that it is just not worth the money.  I would be better off buying the Actual Series on DVD.  Each Volume Of the series is running about $20.00 At Walmart.  I don't know how many episodes are in each volume.  That is a good question.

Bookmark this site:

TV.com - Gunsmoke

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag1993daewoo  /t/1522479/the-8-5-gig-dl-disc-dilema-again#post_24480694

Is it worth it?  I think not.  I would rather use up the extra storage space in my Disc Wallet then to pay that price for those Disc's. I shopped search again this is what I got for Walmart.

Walmart Prices are the Best For Me With Ordering Online.  This Reflects Prices As of March 31, 2014, Tax is Included in each example.  Episodes are edited.  prices changed the next day after I wrote this post, the Spindle is now $27.00 tax included.

A 100 Spindle Verbatim-R Recordable 4.5 gig AZO Discs 120 min. $22.78 each

That comes to 23 cents a piece and I would be able to get 3/45 min. episodes of Gunsmoke on each Disc.

A 5 pack of Verbatim DL AZO 8.5 Gig Discs 240 min. On Clearance $10.08 each

That comes to $2.16 cents a piece and I would be able to get 5/45 min. episodes of Gunsmoke on each Disc.

What a Giant difference in price.  Even if the DLs  Doubled the episodes 6 each (they don't) they could not compare to the Spindle price. That Doubled price for the Spindle would be 6 episodes, on 2 Discs for $0.46 cents.

Even if my calculations are wrong the price of the DLs are just a waste. Again, I really can't see using these Discs after this comparison.  What do people use these for?

I thought I would go ahead and buy the DL until I did the match and being that there are a lot of episodes of Gunsmoke It would cost so much money to buy the DLs' that it is just not worth the money.  I would be better off buying the Actual Series on DVD.  Each Volume Of the series is running about $20.00 At Walmart.  I don't know how many episodes are in each volume.  That is a good question.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY EPISODES ARE A NORMAL AMOUNT ON A RUNNING SERIES THAT YOU BUY ON DVD?  HOW MANY EPISODES ON 1 DISC,  WHAT IS THE NORM,  DOES ANYONE OWN STORE BOUGHT SERIES TO SEE HOW MANY 1 HOUR EPISODES ARE BEING PUT ON DISC NOWADAYS?  PLEASE LOOK AND LET ME KNOW.

THEN I COULD FINISH DOING MY PRICE COMAPARISON WITH AN ESTIMATED AMOUNT OF EPISODES ON STORE BOUGHT DISCS.
39 episodes on 6 discs Season 1, Walmart

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Your Magnavox recorder does not record to DL disks so refresh my memory -- why are you concerned with DL disks?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well now, Thank you I had no Idea that they would not.  I am glad you let me know.  Any reason why?

I see that they are not listed in the manual, I thought bcz they are video that it was a given.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag1993daewoo  /t/1522479/the-8-5-gig-dl-disc-dilema-again/0_60#post_24558692

Well now, Thank you I had no Idea that they would not.  I am glad you let me know.  Any reason why?

I see that they are not listed in the manual, I thought bcz they are video that it was a given.

The first post in Wajo's sticky thread is the gateway to a wealth of information, including answers to all the questions one might have. Explore the topical links in that post.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575/0_60#post_12244086

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts