Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://tv.zap2it.com/shows/features/features.html?25921

CSI: Miami will be Monday night's at 10

(Hey ABC I'll watch MNF over CSI if it's in HD!)

Agency moves to Saturday at 10, after the District at 9.

Family Law, and First Monday are cancelled.

Looks like 18 non-reality, non-news shows, so hopefully they will all be in HD.

Cancelled Shows:

"Citizen Baines," "Danny," "The Education of Max Bickford," "The Ellen Show," "Family Law," "First Monday," "That's Life" and "Wolf Lake"

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Excellent news! I think that having a good show like The District leading into The Agency will help Agency's fortunes considerably. And I'm not shedding any tears at all over the shows that were canceled....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Some of these shows look promising:

Hack - Ex-cop cab driver

Presidio Med - Dana Delaney

RHD/LA - Michael Mann production

Without a Trace - FBI missing persons, Bruckheimer production

CSI:Miami - "Premise: It's like CSI ... in Miami"

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Monday at 10 is sewn up for me. I WILL be in Miami! :D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The Agency is a far and away my favorite show. Even though it's on Saturday night at 10 it's better than the alternative.

I agree the other shows look promising. Especially anyting associated with Jerry Bruckheimer.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by merc
Which of these shows being discussed are going to be broadcast in HDTV?
all of them.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RickD_99
Excellent news! I think that having a good show like The District leading into The Agency will help Agency's fortunes considerably. And I'm not shedding any tears at all over the shows that were canceled....
Moving a show around is never a good thing. Moving a show that was on after CSI, one of CBS' biggest hits, to after The District, a lesser hit, is even worse. It's nice that they renewed it....but moving it like this is not a bonus by any means.

I don't watch The District, and therefore will likely often forget about The Agency. I never miss CSI, and have therefore always ended up watching The Agency afterwards.

My wife will be very upset about the loss of That's Life. That's two of her favorite HD shows gone in one season (the other being Now and Again, or Now and Later, or Today and Nevermore...whatever the hell it was). Not a good thing for the "HDTV chi" in my house.

Chris

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by R8der

Moving a show around is never a good thing. Moving a show that was on after CSI, one of CBS' biggest hits, to after The District, a lesser hit, is even worse. It's nice that they renewed it....but moving it like this is not a bonus by any means.
On second thought I would have to agree with you about the moving to another day issue. I would not think that Saturday night is a particularly good night for ratings. However they could have picked a lot worse lead-in than The District! Also don't forget that a couple of District/Agency episodes shared plot lines, so maybe the two shows will continue to develop (dare I say) a certain "synergy" ;)

Quote:
I don't watch The District, and therefore will likely often forget about The Agency. I never miss CSI, and have therefore always ended up watching The Agency afterwards.
Actually I watch The District more for its' sterling PQ (it's the best CBS offers IMHO) than its' story line and characters. I would like Agency to start looking just like it, not that Agency is that bad to begin with.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Stevens
Monday at 10 is sewn up for me. I WILL be in Miami! :D
I am already in (near) Miami, and will begin by watching both MNF and CSI -- one or the other via TiVo.

However, I'm not certain how much of David Caruso I can take.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Delighted they kept "The Agency." Suspect its new slot will contribute to the need for HDTV time shifting. Hope the producers have been noting the news this week about West Nile virus spreading. Let's see. Life-threatening mosquitoes. Trucks busy all night spraying. Government memos about really nasty sprays not meant for insects may not help. Perhaps a show could spell it out in simplified terms. -- John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.