AVS Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2353 Posts

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Colin and Christie deserved the win. I wouldn’t have minded any of the final 4 teams winning. They were all strong and likable. Nicole became a drag on Victor in the past few episodes. I don’t know if it was the editing, but she wasn’t pulling her weight (literally sometimes).
Yes, I'm not unhappy that Colin and Christie won. They had a good attitude and came off as likable people. Although some of their new-age philosophical self-boosterisms, was a little much at times. I'm not coming from a conservative christian perspective here. Just that some of it struck me as a little too dime store pop philosophy, Deepak Chopra-esque.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
I like how the producer made sure to showcase how sore a loser Eliza was by doing her eye roll and slow clapping.
Yea, I'd like to know how that went down. The producers probably encouraged Eliza to resurrect her disdain for the finale.

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
Hey but it worked for them.

In the last two legs or maybe the last leg, they calmed each other down with that gobbledygook.

It worked for them in this race, they remained calm, especially Colin who had a big meltdown in his previous season on TAR.

And it must work for them in life. Still together after all those years and they seem to be pleasant people, well-liked by the other racers.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Yes, I'm not unhappy that Colin and Christie won. They had a good attitude and came off as likable people. Although some of their new-age philosophical self-boosterisms, was a little much at times. I'm not coming from a conservative christian perspective here. Just that some of it struck me as a little too dime store pop philosophy, Deepak Chopra-esque.
Team Fun has a recap video with Colin and Christie. A few interesting stories of the last two episodes that weren’t shown. One was that Christie took an hour and forty-five minutes to complete the code breaker challenge from the time that the Afghanimals took off in their helicopter. Also, it wasn’t shown that Victor was really on the wrong track on the code breaker challenge and Christie actually helped him. Then he solved it quickly after that and took off without helping her.

The video also showed CnC talking about their spiritual lifestyle. Once they get into that, you can stop watching unless you are interested in hearing it. Also, it appears that they are pretty well off. Colin is high up in DJI North America (top drone company). And Christie is now an “Integrated Sex, Love and Relationship Coach”, whatever that is.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
They didn't go to the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana but to Historic Fort Wayne in Detroit .
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
Production Notes
CBS Suspends ‘The Amazing Race’ Production Over Coronavirus Fears
By ELAINE LOW and JAZZ TANGCAY Variety - Feb. 28, 2020

CBS has temporarily shut down production of Season 33 of “The Amazing Race” amid the increasing number of cases of coronavirus worldwide, Variety has learned exclusively. The move was undertaken “out of an abundance of caution,” as the respiratory virus has not impacted anyone directly involved with the show.

“Due to increased concerns and uncertainty regarding the coronavirus around the world, CBS and the producers of ‘The Amazing Race’ have taken the precautionary measure of temporarily suspending production on the 33rd season of the series,” a CBS spokesperson told Variety.

“All contestants and production staff are in the process of returning home,” said the statement. “At this time, no Racers or anyone on the production team travelling with them have contracted the virus, or shown symptoms, and we are not aware of anyone being exposed to it. Out of an abundance of caution, everyone involved in the show will continue to be monitored when they return home. The health and well-being of the Racers and the production team are our top priorities.”

The 33rd season of the global unscripted competition series — which had not yet been announced — was only a couple of weeks into production. Three episodes had been filmed thus far, according to a source, and the contestants had visited England and Scotland prior to the suspension of the production. Season 32, the upcoming season, has already been filmed and completed, though it does not yet have a premiere date.

No new production start date for Season 33 has been determined.

Variety reports CBS halting production of "Amazing Race" due to coronovirus concerns.

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
Hmm, this suspension could lead to CBS dumping TAR.

They're not suspending Survivor production are they? That also requires dozens or maybe hundreds of people to do intercontinental travel too doesn't it?

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
they should cancel all TV, movies and sporting events until the virus has gone away...cancel work and school as well...make everyone stay quarantined in their house/apartment with surgical masks on their face...

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
Well I saw someone talking on CNBC that stock of Netflix may go up with the prospect of the virus causing people to minimize going out and staying in instead.

But that hasn't materialized.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Hmm, this suspension could lead to CBS dumping TAR.

They're not suspending Survivor production are they? That also requires dozens or maybe hundreds of people to do intercontinental travel too doesn't it?
Is Survivor filming currently? The season we’re watching is already in the can except the finale. Survivor is filmed in one location. Once that location is established, the cast and most of the crew are there for weeks. TAR goes all over the world in the span of weeks traveling on planes, trains and automobiles. A bigger risk of exposure.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
CBS Pushes ‘The Amazing Race’ To Later In 2020, Sets Premieres For Reality Series ‘Game On!’ & ‘Tough As Nails’

However, the network has adjusted the dates for the 32nd season of The Amazing Race. Earlier this month, it revealed that the globe-trotting adventure format would air on Wednesday May 20, the slot now taken by Game On!

It will now save the show, which is hosted by Keoghan and has already filmed, for later in 2020. It’s likely that The Amazing Race will air in fall to give CBS some scheduling flexibility as the COVID-19 production shutdown hits its scripted slate.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/cbs-se...ls-pushes-amazing-race-later-2020-1202921091/

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Phil Keoghan speaks out on when filming will resume on The Amazing Race
By Dalton Ross

The Amazing Race was one of the very first TV programs to close up shop when it shut down production on season 33 in late February after filming its first three episodes. Clearly, a country-hopping show based around international travel was not built for a Covid-19 world.

“Due to increased concerns and uncertainty regarding the coronavirus around the world, CBS and the producers of The Amazing Race have taken the precautionary measure of temporarily suspending production on the 33rd season of the series,” CBS said in a statement after filming halted. “All contestants and production staff are in the process of returning home. At this time, no Racers or anyone on the production team traveling with them have contracted the virus, or show symptoms, and we are not aware of anyone being exposed to it. Out of an abundance of caution, everyone involved in the show will continue to be monitored when they return home. The health and well-being of the Racers and the production team are our top priorities.”

But what now? When host Phil Keoghan called into EW Live (SiriusXM, channel 109) on Tuesday to chat about his new reality competition series Tough as Nails (debuting Wednesday on CBS, watch a preview here), we asked him what it was like having to indefinitely pause the race. “Yes, we were out, we were shooting season 33, and then, look, all hell broke loose and we had to come home,” says Keoghan. “It’s very frustrating.”

As for when the show may be able to pick back up, the host says the date keeps changing along with the shape of the curve. “People have asked me when we’re going to be back shooting Amazing Race,” notes Keoghan. “And all I can say is, ‘As soon as that curve goes down.’ That line that we see — which is so depressing right now — unfortunately, is an indication of not shooting/shooting. I mean, that’s all there is to it.”

The host indicates that ultimately, the show’s return date all depends on how vigilant people are in working to bring down transmission rates. “We’ve got to bring that line down,” says Keoghan, “and that is going to happen by all of us collectively working together to bring it down. And the only way it’s going to come down is if we stop the transmission. And I don’t need to talk to you about how it’s transmitted. But, yeah, this is going to be a collective effort where everybody’s going to have to say, ‘Okay, I take responsibility, and it’s not just about me, it’s about the whole.’ And we can bring that number down and bring that curve down, and we’ll go out and we'll shoot more Amazing Races.”

Luckily for CBS, even though season 33 had to halt shooting after just a few episodes in and has no return date in sight, the network has another complete season in the can and ready to go. Season 32 of The Amazing Race was filmed in late 2018 and had simply been waiting for an open time slot to air. In April, CBS announced the show was returning on May 20 after the completion of Survivor: Winners at War. However, a few weeks later, the network pushed the show back again to the fall, likely as a safety net to ensure fresh programming in case other productions (like Survivor) were unable to be up and running in time.

That means season 32 will finally be airing almost two full years after it was filmed, something Keoghan made a point of acknowledging while speaking to EW Live: “First thing I want to say to all Amazing Race fans is thank you for your patience. And I also want to say thank you to the patience of the cast of season 32. People have been waiting way too long for Amazing Race to come on.”

Keoghan was also quick to point out that his hosting of a new summer show for CBS had nothing to do with the delay on his first one. “I also want to say that Tough as Nails coming on in the summer had absolutely nothing to do with Amazing Race being pushed to the fall,” says the host. “Amazing Race is a blue-chip show, it’s a go-to show. It’s got a track record, unlike Tough as Nails, which we’re throwing out there and we’ll see whether people like it or not. So mutually exclusive shows, right? One has nothing to do with another.”

https://ew.com/tv/amazing-race-phil-keoghan-season-33/

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Amazing Race Season 32 Cast Includes NFL Vets, Olympians — Watch Promo

By Matt Webb Mitovich

After nearly two years spent waiting at the starting line, the 32nd running of The Amazing Race will hit your screens in mid-October — and here is your first look at the 11 teams, plus a promo that might tug at your pandemic-era heartstrings a bit.

Filmed back in November of the year 2018 (Rubik’s Cubes and Easy-Bake Ovens were all the rage!), The Amazing Race 32 will premiere on CBS on Wednesday, Oct. 14 at 9/8c (after originally/briefly being slotted for this past May). With this edition, which visits destinations such as Trinidad, Tobago, France, Germany and Brazil, the Emmy-winning reality-TV competition will cross a major “miles”-stone, having traversed one million of ’em around the world.

As seen in the photo album below, this cycle’s Racers include former NFL Stars DeAngelo Williams (of the Panthers and Steelers) and Gary Barnidge (Panthers, Browns), Olympians Kellie Brinkley and LaVonne Idette, and hirsute pro volleyball players Riley and Maddison McKibbin.

The promo above, meanwhile, reminds that TAR 32 was filmed wellllll ahead of the coronavirus pandemic (disco was king!), and thus might offer up a reminder of what is good in the world.

“Elise and I created The Amazing Race 20 years ago as a way to bring the expansive beauty of the world into audiences’ living rooms in an exciting way,” series co-creator Bertram van Munster said in a statement. “This year has been a challenge for everyone, and we hope this season, during which Race will reach the remarkable milestone of one million miles traveled around the world, helps satisfy viewers’ wanderlust. We look forward to when we can all travel again!”

(cast photos and video in link above)

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
Geez, I don't know what programming they've been running but why hold this for so long?

It was suppose to premier in May, probably shot in early 2019 or 2018.

Going to seem odd, a show which involves international travel which has been shut down, especially to Americans.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Geez, I don't know what programming they've been running but why hold this for so long?

It was suppose to premier in May, probably shot in early 2019 or 2018.

Going to seem odd, a show which involves international travel which has been shut down, especially to Americans.
The normal schedule is Survivor in the fall and spring and TAR in the summer, but with Survivor shut down, theydidn’t show TAR in the summer so they’d have something with new episodes to air in the fall.

2321 - 2340 of 2353 Posts