AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in shock. i confidently went into my recording to watch the apprentice and it hadn't recorded. my utv has never missed a recording. so i went into history and it says not recorded because the show was preempted by the broadcaster.

what the heck does that mean?

is my utv freaking out because i am switching to Tivo????

also, i have recordings set up for "airline" and "sell my house". they are being cutoff middle of the episode. could it be because i have the recordings set to one episode only and they are splitting the episode into two consecutive time slots?

that doesn't make sense because it should then erase the earlier episode and record the new one. i'm seeing the opposite.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The first couple of weeks of Airline, they showed two, back-to-back shows. If you only punched in one, you'd only get one. Now they are only showing one original show per week.

As for the Apprentice, last week it was moved to Saturday for one week, now it is scheduled for Thursday nights.

My UTV automatically made the adjustment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I think I figured out the problem. Last week, NBC moved the Apprentice from Thursday to Wednesday. It was promptly slaughtered by American Idol. Then they decided to move it back to Thursday (I think they only did this over the weekend).

The problem was that NBC already had this episode scheduled for next Wednesday (2/4/04). If you look in My Shows, you will probably see the same episode still scheduled for next Wednesday. So I think UTV saw that this episode was already scheduled for next week and did not record it (thinking that it is a repeat).

Kevin

Hopefully, it will tape the episode on Wednesday. We will see...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by the way, CNBC repeats them on Friday and NBC is repeating this episode next Wednesday.

hmmm, I think you may be right, except that UTV does not record things that are repeats that have been deleted already. Probably since it was scheduled to record on Wednesday and the recording was dumped when NBC changed the day, it didn't record it on Thursday because the same recording had been dumped once already.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Count yourself lucky. Images of Trump or his "hair" are best not saved for any reason. I can't understand why all the reviews of this show are positive. It seems more contrived than any other ten anti-reality shows put together.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Last night was messed up. My wife records Will and Grace so I ended up getting the apprentice from that. It was a messed up night in the UTV world last night.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just checked and "The Apprentice" did not get recorded last night for me, either. Was it really on? Our newspapers TV guide did not show it and in UTV's History it said it was not recorded due to being pre-empted by the Network.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by videoholic
Last night was messed up. My wife records Will and Grace so I ended up getting the apprentice from that. It was a messed up night in the UTV world last night.
YES! It was a weird night for UTV last night! I recorded both "Will and Grace" and "The Apprentice"....Normally, W&G is on at 8 PM, but that slot is now The A. So what happened for me last night?(btw, I chose to record the apprentice just last night by highlighting it in the guide and hitting record) UTV recorded W&G at 7:30 PM(correctly), then at 8PM, it said in my shows that it was recording W&G AND The apprentice!! So I had 2 shows under my W&G folder--1 show was the correct show, and the other was the first half of the apprentice. I also had the full hour of the apprentice. Weird, but at least I got my shows.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, with the schedule change we flat missed last night's Apprentice, but, since it didn't record, UTV had already set itself up to record the repeat next Wednesday night. Smart machine!

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's friggin NBC... notice the lame 9:36 starts and 10:06 finishes... screw them and their need to keep PVR owners from having all sorts of conflicts >( Week 1 apprentice, Thurday night but at the end of the show they say "next week at it's own day and time, Wed" then Wed rolls by and it's a fricken repeat... back to thursday that week... then Thursday they say next week on Wed, it is... but then they change it again and it's back to Thursdays... i am confident that NBC did something strange to the guide data that caused UTV to screw up... luckilly I noticed it before thurs night

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mine recorded, but showed only 59 minutes of length in My Shows. It did catch the entire thing though, including past-show footage and ending credits. By the way, I have it set up as an auto-record since with the repeats and night switching, I was confused as to when we would see the new episode. Thankfully, Auto-record figured it for me...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slocko
iis my utv freaking out because i am switching to Tivo????
I didn't catch this the first time I read it Slocko...:p Now I'm getting worried because I will be doing the same when my HD Tivo gets here. Maybe the MS based UTV has more capability than we thought!! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Next weeks "Apprentice" is starting at 7:46 and runs until 9:00. Try catching that with a time base record like on DISH pvrs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.