AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitSehT /forum/post/16962481

My goal is to be setup by the time GT5 is released, so I have anywhere from 4 months to 4 years to finish

Tough luck with the flooding. Glad to see you bouncing back and making the best of it with a basement remodel. I had a similar unexpected start to my build, although mine was mold related. Hope you've had some landscaping review to minimize the chances of anything like that happening again. I know the odds are against it, but you really don't want to put in all the time and effort and money only to see another 100 year event happening in a few years!

BTW, nice woodpile - had 'er long? I kinda have a thing for woodpiles.

It's complicated.

·
Registered
635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitSehT /forum/post/16972453

I kept braking tapcons so I took them back and got shorter ones thanks to the tips in a thread I can not seem to find right now.

That would be mine. Glad it helped you out. I hope it saved you the few days it took me to figure that whole deal out.

Project is looking good so far. Do you have a plan for all your equipment? If I had open walls, I sure would be running conduit or flex vacuum pipe or something in certain locations for running wire.

·
Registered
373 Posts
How did you fare with that storm last night? Hopefully you avoided any further flooding...

B

·
Registered
373 Posts
What flooring are you doing? Are you going to put OSB on the Platon, and what thickness are you thinking about?

·
Registered
635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitSehT /forum/post/16974619

I am planning to run pipe (pvc pipe we run at work hopefully) down both sides of the room through the soffits I will be building. I am going to put "T" intersection parallel to where the projector is going to be so I can branch off hdmi etc and then pull speaker wire etc to the back or front of the room. I was actually planning on this before I found this site, the info I read here only solidified it. I am going to try to put up a floor plan soon to explain better.

As a suggestion, just try to avoid 90 degree intersections. It will make it easier on you pulling wire down the road if there is some bend in it.

·
Registered
373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitSehT /forum/post/16977934

BhUTTMAN (all i see when I look at your name is butt man)

Pretty common - I've been called much worse.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts