AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
magnificent!

seriously, your work is amazing and it was a pleasure collaborating with you. i'm glad the front corner placement worked out. they look right at home there.

·
Registered
667 Posts
BTW especially for the hosers out there. I really don't think you can beat that 4x deck finish especially for the price. I have 3 coats on these things and they are pretty much indestructible.
Home Depot can mix it in a multitude of colours and the cleanup and application is so easy. I also have no seams showing through with minimal prep on them. Just an extremely quick vinyl spackle applied to the joint and then sanded down smooth. I didn't feather it out or anything.
That finish really looks great! What type of roller did you use when you applied it? Any other info or tips/tricks for this coating? I am pretty sure I am going to use it when I build my subs since I can just go to home depot and pick it up. Also I have liked how the finish looks in the pics I have seen.

Sean

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
magnificent!

seriously, your work is amazing and it was a pleasure collaborating with you. i'm glad the front corner placement worked out. they look right at home there.
Thanks John. I need to get REW hooked up and working as I know nothing is complete without measurements. I just need to find the time and fortitude to learning and getting it setup properly.

That finish really looks great! What type of roller did you use when you applied it? Any other info or tips/tricks for this coating? I am pretty sure I am going to use it when I build my subs since I can just go to home depot and pick it up. Also I have liked how the finish looks in the pics I have seen.

Sean
I think it was a 10 or 15mm. I would have to check and see if I still have them. I had the special rollers that are made for this but there is a big warning on the container not to use them with 4x only the 10x product.

I would say if you want a quicker finish prime the cabinet to whatever colour you are using as a finish coat first.
Let all coats dry 24 hours as it really helps the stuff solidify and your next coat rolls on much nicer and solid.
If you want a more fine texture and are finishing large cabs like this have a whole crap load of rollers. Once the roller gets saturated after using it for a bit it starts to slide around a bit. If you change to a new roller right away you will get a finer finish.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You've inspired me to step-up to bigger boxes. 12cu ft ported boxes are so last year. I also love the fact you covered your entire build thread in a single post. As I scrolled down to see the pictures, I couldn't help but feel excited for you. Kudos!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not to shabby. I think you need a matching LCR though ;) Maybe some red iwata 300s or something :D
I can't wait to ****ing hear those!!!!

Nice subs! Now time to consider a projector. More money down the rabbit hole, lol.
I was considering it but the hvac box-in is too low. So stop it! :D

I finally was contacted by Samsung's higher ups today after threatening to go batsh!t crazy on them on social media. Exactly 1 hour after my message to them on FB I was contacted and told my cheque was on the way for my f'ed up tv that you see there.

That 65" is kinda small though so I think I see a 75-80" replacing it. I usually sit at my computer which is 24' away so the lager size will work well.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I started reading this thread and thought "awesome". I'm looking to re-house my 4 FTW21s and this looked like a great build, until....

... I saw this and thought, "I hope that guy is 3 feet tall". Then I re-read the first post and realised the dimensions were in inches, not cm. Four of these will probably take too much space in an 1830cf room. In an apartment.

Awesome build though. Enjoy. I'll keep the thread saved locally so I can build them when I move back to my house.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
stacked on top of each other they look like industrial washing machines...or is that dryers? ;)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Just saw this thread.

Nice to see the LLT's aren't dead. I'm hoping you will inspire more around here to start building these again. They look beastly! I don't doubt at all that the room complains. :cool:

Nice room too! It's missing something though.... custom speakers or something. ;) :D
LOL!

I'll be making the trip to BC to see Ryan and pick everything up mid to late spring or early summer depending on what works dictate.

P.S. I'm on a concrete floor with laminate on top and the room shakes like a motherf****!

·
Bass Enabler
21,618 Posts
LOL!

I'll be making the trip to BC to see Ryan and pick everything up mid to late spring or early summer depending on what works dictate.

P.S. I'm on a concrete floor with laminate on top and the room shakes like a motherf****!
Of which year? ;) :D

Yeah. I get some serious shake even on concrete. I miss my LLT's sometimes. You're gonna really love yours. I see plenty of room for another set.

Get to work on it. :p

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
I had the pleasure of hearing these yesterday. Very impressive. Super clean and effortless at any volume I went to. Kingpin was a gentleman and a very hospitable host.
Thanks for having me over kingpin, was a lot of fun seeing your system... The ribs made the drive worth it too.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I had the pleasure of hearing these yesterday. Very impressive. Super clean and effortless at any volume I went to. Kingpin was a gentleman and a very hospitable host.
Thanks for having me over kingpin, was a lot of fun seeing your system... The ribs made the drive worth it too.
We had a pretty good day eh!
Good food, a little REW, a little Minidsp and finally a high pass to protect it all. :D
Fattykid eagerly sat down in my computer chair and helped took care of all the technical stuff I had no idea about.
Now I can run movies at pretty much full tilt and now there is some safety for the drivers.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Hey, I didn't hear nuttin' bout no ribs!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 44 Posts