AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyb99 /forum/post/16972860

Do you enjoy the commercials and editing for content?

Unfortunately, no.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
When it goes HD - TCM

·
Banned
1,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsert /forum/post/16973520

heard MGM sucks at PQ..everytime upscaled content..

Not at all true. MGM actually have very good PQ and OAR. And HD. They do stick a short commercial in, but I can live with that considering how badly many other channels butcher movies.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysam /forum/post/16974474

As I recall, it's only one commercial, not commercials. And edited for content? Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall that.

I'm old enough to remember when AMC started that, claiming "viewers want a break in the middle of the film so they can go grab a drink or visit the bathroom."

Look where they've progressed now.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts
If speculation is right, it's a moot point anyways. When Epix HD shows up, we shall see.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually like the back stories from each of the films...quite interesting. I have a new appreciation of Marlon Brando & Bette Davis whom I considered the very best Actors.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I thought commercials were being inserted into every movie on MGMHD nowadays but I taped a nearly 3 hour movie last week and it was uninterrupted. It was a welcome surprise as I had nearly given up on the channel.

MGMHD is not the only movie channel guilty of inserting commercials into movies. HDNet stuck dumb Art Mann commercials in its airings of Lawrence of Arabia which I consider a much greater crime. Apparently Cuban only has respect for the filmmakers if the movie airs on HDNet Movies. If it airs on HDNet, anything goes. And don't even get me started on HDNet Movies airing the edited American versions of foreign movies despite its claims that it airs all movies uncut and unedited.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic /forum/post/16982097

I thought commercials were being inserted into every movie on MGMHD nowadays but I taped a nearly 3 hour movie last week and it was uninterrupted. It was a welcome surprise as I had nearly given up on the channel.

MGMHD is not the only movie channel guilty of inserting commercials into movies. HDNet stuck dumb Art Mann commercials in its airings of Lawrence of Arabia which I consider a much greater crime. Apparently Cuban only has respect for the filmmakers if the movie airs on HDNet Movies. If it airs on HDNet, anything goes. And don't even get me started on HDNet Movies airing the edited American versions of foreign movies despite its claims that it airs all movies uncut and unedited.

On MGM, it's one, at most, promo for a minute or so, there's no "commercials", only between movies. And, like others have said, they're not edited. They must be thinking of that godforsaken Universal HD channel.

We got this on Dish last year, and I like it more now than I did then. You get alot of interesting movies that don't air anywhere else. Especially great for those that like older westerns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts