AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some research in reading the forum, I am unable to decipher what the verdict is on a solid receiver that will do 1080p upconversion at a reasonable cost. Please lend me some assistance.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaniel /forum/post/0

After doing some research in reading the forum, I am unable to decipher what the verdict is on a solid receiver that will do 1080p upconversion at a reasonable cost. Please lend me some assistance.

Watch for reviews of the soon to be released (i.e. next week) Sony STR-DG910 for MSRP $499. The Sony website and product manual mentions upconversion via HDMI but with NO specifics.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I agree with the Spring 2008 comment. I think in the next interation, even the low-end Marantz, Denons will have 4 HDMI in, 1 HDMI 720p upconversion, and maybe 1080p upconversion on the mid-models.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaniel /forum/post/0

The Denon 4806CI is a great AVR. 1080P output for all analog inputs as well as THX. Passes 1080p over HDMI. A great mid level AVR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.