Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu_54
Hello, what is th best DIY screen for CRT projector?

Thanks.
A lot depends on several situations, but since the majority of Mfg Screens owner's opinions all point toward the StudioTech 130, a exceedingly neutral "White" screen, one of the "White" DIY options would be the direction to head down. If you desire "Gain' attributes in your screen, then doing a Multi-layer approach that uses a white surface overlaying a reflective surface might be your ticket. be more specific as to your needs and/or desires and the ideas will flow onto your thread like water.

Or maybe like MMud? :p ;) :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, i have a NEC XG-75, and I want a DIY screen good, nice, cheap. (It´s a spanish set phrase)

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,649 Posts
Since the acqusition of special Boards or Mirrors or such can be problematical in Europe, and because you said "Cheap", I'd advise that you paint a screen on a smoothed wall surface. Can this be accomodated?

If so, applying a Gloss White Paint first, then a Overcoat of a Flat White Latex Paint mixed with either a few drops of Lamp Black, or better still, the approriate amount of of a Silver Metallic water based Paint (aka or similar to: MMUd-SE ) will deliver you an excelent image with plenty of Brightness, work to keep your CRT Blacks as black as they should be, and wind up costing very little overall.

Even if you need assistance in procuring the special Silver Metallic paint, the additional cost of shipping form the states will still not send the budget into a tailspin.

PM or email me if you need specific advice at length and I'll send you links to the info you need / request.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.