AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the obivous improvements in Picture and Sound, I am experiencing some amazing old movies for the first time. Believe it or not, I have never seen some of the true classics like Casablanca, Robin Hood, The Searchers, and probably would never have gone back to them on SD DVD, but since I've gotten HD DVD, I've picked up just about every title, and I am amazed on how much I've missed out all this time.

The classics released on HD DVD are truely worth it and a nice change from the pop corn flicks I used to purchase on SD DVD and has really opened my eyes to a whole new set of movies that I would have never considered going back to had it not been to my venture into HD DVD.

Thank you to all the studios (Especially Warner) who have taken the time to bring us some true classics this early on in the game and not just releasing fluff like some other studios (cough fox cough).

·
Registered
636 Posts
The best thing I've gotten out of it is not giving my money to Sony.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye /forum/post/0

The best thing I've gotten out of it is not giving my money to Sony.

I don't find it that difficult really
*cough*spiderman*cough*

·
Registered
770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 /forum/post/0

I don't find it that difficult really
*cough*spiderman*cough*

Didn't cut it for me. But I'm a twelve cent guy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The best thing I've gotten out of my decision to go HD-DVD is the excitement to look for new releases and to see what the picture and sound quality will be. 2nd is the tremendous up-conversion of SD discs on my A1 and A2 players. Go HD-DVD !!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I chose HD DVD because of price and product now and not promises.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Advanced interactivity. I love the pop up menu, IME, U-Control.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalahmar /forum/post/0

Besides the obivous improvements in Picture and Sound, I am experiencing some amazing old movies for the first time. Believe it or not, I have never seen some of the true classics like Casablanca, Robin Hood, The Searchers, and probably would never have gone back to the on SD DVD, but since I've gotten HD DVD, I've picked up just about every title, and I am amazed on how much I've missed out all this time.

The classics released on HD DVD are truely worth it and a nice change from the pop corn flicks I used to purchase on SD DVD and has really opened my eyes to a whole new set of movies that I would have never considered going back to had it not been to my venture into HD DVD.

Thank you to all the studios (Especially Warner) who have taken the time to bring us some true classics this early on in the game and not just releasing fluff like some other studios (cough fox cough).

Yes indeed. Very well stated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.