AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a never satisified kind of guy who has to try everything before I settle on something. One aspect of HT and HTPC in particular which has really bugged me is the lack of quality wireless keyboard and mouse to easily control my HTPC. I've used the INTEL wireless series for quite a while and really liked it but have run into driver issues with WinXP Pro. Well I just receved the BEST new wireless keyboard and mouse you could ever ask for. Its a Gyration Ultra cordless Optical Mouse and keyboard, available as a suite for $99.USD from Gyration. I just typed that from 20 feet away ! Its RF too so no line of sight necessary !

The mouse is even better, the same RF range, but its GYROSCOPIC !!! You can use it IN THE AIR !! Just wave it around like a pointer and it works just like a real mouse, and its a conventional optical mouse with no ball to clean !! REALLY SLICK !!

I'm in Canada and had to pay more than you lucky US members would have to pay, but its really worth it for the conveniece. THe mouse comes with a NMh battery pack and charger too. www.gyration.com is where you can see it.

I've got no affiliation with these guys, but I had to let everyone know about a product this good !!

PS: I posted this here because I'm a CRT nut who always needs to use the HTPC in the dark from across the room, and this addresses the problems, I'm NOT a PC guy at all.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Paul, sounds great--but the price I found says $299 for the suite. Did you forget to type a "2" in front or did you get a great deal? :)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn't forget a "2" they have a "Professional Series" with a 100 foot range and a regular series with a 25 foot range, the pro seies is the $299. one. Follow the links on left when you click on the main picture.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I have a Gyro Mouse and love it ( The cheaper 25' Model). The RF has great range and is very easy to use. I also have a Versapoint RF keyboard that works great also. http://www.pricetool.com/S0123057-Ve...go5&tid=676012 The battery in the keyboard seem to last forever, I have had it almost a year had have never changed the batterys. I had an IR keyboard that worked OK but the line of site requirement was a PITA.

Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
gnu,

I to have the Intel series and am really annoyed at not being able to get it to work with XP Pro.

This gyration series seems like a better option.

What type of batteries does the keyboard take? How long do they last? Do they sell rechargeable batteries for the keyboard along with a charger?

Thanks,

Lunarist

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The keyboard just takes 3 AAA's so you can use any NMh AAA's you have lying around or regular ones. I don't know how long they last, I have only been using mine for about a week, so far so good.

The Gyro suite works perfectly with WinXP Pro so far, no issues at start up and its refreshing to not wonder if I'm going to be stuck with no mouse every time I start the computer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.