AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would have a better picture, my current Samsung CRT High Definition 26 inch set or the Kreiser 27 inch LCD at target? I can't decide what to do, because if I want to sell my Samsung I am going to leave it on the bottom floor of my house, which means it's easier to get to a buyer but I can't plug it in and play on it. Hope that makes sense... :)

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
I'm no fan of Samsung TVs, but i'd say their CRT would have better picture quality than any LCD TV. CRT by nature has the best PQ of all the various technologies.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
I'm no fan of Samsung TVs, but i'd say their CRT would have better picture quality than any LCD TV. CRT by nature has the best PQ of all the various technologies.
I wish I could have you convince someone I been arguing with.. He claims that CRTS having the best blacks is a myth.. That all the new technologies have better blacks then CRTS.. LCDS display a better, sharper picture then a CRT.. & that HD looks better on a small screen.. Maybe I can borrow you sometime. I'm about to pull my hair out & I'm already balding.. :(

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI
I wish I could have you convince someone I been arguing with.. He claims that CRTS having the best blacks is a myth.. That all the new technologies have better blacks then CRTS.. LCDS display a better, sharper picture then a CRT.. & that HD looks better on a small screen.. Maybe I can borrow you sometime. I'm about to pull my hair out & I'm already balding.. :(
Well it's pretty well known in the A/V world that CRT is the reference point for all other technologies. I have a new 42" Panny plasma, a 2-year-old 32" Panny HD tube, and a pair of nice Sharp LCDs (15" and 20"). Right now i have the tube TV set up next to the plasma as a buyer is coming over tomorrow to check the PQ before loading it into his van. The tube has nice deep blacks, the plasma comes fairly close, and the LCD is far behind. The 15" Sharp LCD is on my desk and the PQ is less sharp than the plasma and CRT. If your friend is near the LAX area he's welcome to come over and compare all three technologies in my living room before the tube gets carted away :p

I don't know where your friend gets his information, but maybe you should urge him to join AVS, post his assertions to the forums, and giggle with glee as he gets ripped to shreds by everybody else :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dark blacks are great, but so is white whites. I find flat-tube crts to be lacking in this area. The old crt tubes do whites just fine though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.