AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a pretty big fan of NBC's The Biggest Loser, but of course it bothers me that it's still in 4:3 SD. I don't know if anyone would know here, but is there any kind of hint that they will go HD soon? Seeing as they're really localized on their ranch there in California (with the occasional trips to other areas of LA or elsewhere in the US), I wouldn't think it'd be a problem. Though I'm guessing it's a money issue.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyne /forum/post/18282352

I'm a pretty big fan of NBC's The Biggest Loser...

Really? What is the appeal of this show?

I admire that these people are trying to improve their health, but I don't see the appeal of sitting on the sofa for an hour or more to watch someone else try to lose weight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In all honesty, I really just enjoy watching it. While you are correct in that we sit on the couch watching others lose weight, it actually inspires myself and others to get up off the couch and adapt to a healthier lifestyle. I have lost about 40lbs and go to the gym regularly, part of it was just from watching this show.
It's really those major reasons of why the show is appealing to watch, plus it shows that even though you may get overweight/obese, it doesn't mean your life is over.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Is this really a thread you want to start???

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead...

I just saw on Engadget that The Biggest Loser is airing in 1080i tonight...

Sorry if this is already known info. I did a search and this thread came up. Thought I'd share. I agree, I don't know how the weigh in is going to go. I'd settle for widescreen SD.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I've watched pieces of an ep here and there but it always makes me feel a bit guilty pigging out on the couch while the contestants are doing their last chance workouts
. I wonder if they will use the Meredith Vieira "wrinkle remover" filter for the weigh-in segments?

ron

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
belongs on the "health Channel" , or its equivalent. >

1 - 10 of 10 Posts