AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WRGB is holding the superbowl (and any other HDTV programming) hostage over what they are calling a nominal amount.

I dont watch football, I do however understand that it is the most watched annual event on television.

Frankly this pissing contest over a "MattersOf Principle" has enraged me.

Time Warner is not charging their digital customers anything for HDTV channels at this time. (even though an HDTV box is required). Most consumer sites suggest getting HDTV's without HDTV tuners. Therfore the 2 hdtv's in this house have no tuners in them. We are not going to purchase a tuner and an antenna to recieve one station, WHY SHOULD WE IF THE SIGNAL IS FREE!

I totally understand Time Warner's stance in this situation!

This situation should have been resolved by now. WRGB has burned football fans all over the capital district by using them as pawns to manipulate Time Warner into an agreement.

I see WRGB as being the culprit and I am going to boycott their advertisers until they release the HDTV signal and urge others to do the same. I also intend to tell their advertsers that.

I created an MSN GROUP (named ShameOnWRGB) as a means to inform people and get their feedback. Feel free to join it and post any feedback or information there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.