AVS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
I wouldn't bet money on it. Only Eric Kripke and Aya Cash really know for sure! Some actors are just too good at being eeevil to stay dead very long. I'm guessing the lab guys at Vought headquarters could probably put her back together if ordered to do so. Just put what's left of her in cold storage until the right parts can be 3-D printed, give her an eyepatch and replacement internal organs, the right restorative drugs and about 115 kilovolts of alternating current, and she'll be good to go. No-one really ever stays dead in SF/fantasy...just ask Mister Spock or Superman.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Is she dead? Do we know that for sure?
I wouldn't bet money on it. Only Eric Kripke and Aya Cash really know for sure! Some actors are just too good at being eeevil to stay dead very long. I'm guessing the lab guys at Vought headquarters could probably put her back together if ordered to do so. Just put what's left of her in cold storage until the right parts can be 3-D printed, give her an eyepatch and replacement internal organs, the right restorative drugs and about 115 kilovolts of alternating current, and she'll be good to go. No-one really ever stays dead in SF/fantasy...just ask Mister Spock or Superman.
It couldn't have been clearer that Stormfront was still alive as stated by Homelander during the press conference at the end of the episode: "She's been neutralized and is being held in an undisclosed location."

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but was Stormfront actually killed? I mean, she looked really, really wounded...but did they actually show her die?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Even Stormfront, dying* and dismembered, regresses to happy memories of her German family, her husband and daughter. The show's portrayal of all these fractured, dysfunctional, super-stressed and incapable families -- past, present, and maybe future -- goes deep and almost eclipses the insane action.

This was one of the better season finales of a genre show, providing satisfying conclusions (or at least pause points) for many characters. It can mean only one thing: Even greater heights of character-torture in Season Three! Of course, the most tortured characters of all, Homelander and Butcher, have nothing but rage to carry them forward. So yeah, it will be a long year. At least, one that's a few weeks shorter this time, since now it takes a few weeks longer to watch each season.

*Is she really dead?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Homelander might have announced Stormfront being held in a secure location whether she was dead or not, for reasons of his own. But my money's on "No." A female Nazi super with a cyborg eye and robot limbs is too cool a prospect to let slip away.

·
Registered
817 Posts
It couldn't have been clearer that Stormfront was still alive as stated by Homelander during the press conference at the end of the episode: "She's been neutralized and is being held in an undisclosed location."
I beg to differ. It was not that clear to those of us who are used to regularly getting "B.S.'ed by "official spokesperson" types--people who regularly use doublespeak words such as "neutralized." Hell, even Osama Bin Laden was said to be "neutralized."

I did also catch that "undisclosed location" term--and took it to mean "secret lab at Vought HQ." Gotta love how coy that Eric Kripke is playing it with the press about whether or not Aya will be signed on for another season, or possibly just be replaced with a charred mannequin a la Captain Pike in his wheelchair after his mishap...or the "Black Knight" in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

·
Premium Member
35,427 Posts
I beg to differ. It was not that clear to those of us who are used to regularly getting "B.S.'ed by "official spokesperson" types--people who regularly use doublespeak words such as "neutralized." Hell, even Osama Bin Laden was said to be "neutralized."

I did also catch that "undisclosed location" term--and took it to mean "secret lab at Vought HQ." Gotta love how coy that Eric Kripke is playing it with the press about whether or not Aya will be signed on for another season, or possibly just be replaced with a charred mannequin a la Captain Pike in his wheelchair after his mishap...or the "Black Knight" in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Exactly, what Homelander said was simply “tell the horde what they want to hear” nonsense, at least that’s how I took it. Just to be clear, I never thought she was dead and what HL said was just PR to retain that group who supported her. Seems familiar...:unsure:

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
It's catchy.😄

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
For me Homelander merely confirmed what we already knew: Storefront was still alive in the woods when we last saw her and Supes are almost impossible to kill (we saw Kimiko almost instantly recover from a broken neck just prior), so it's more than likely she'll recover from her injuries (we even saw one Supe earlier in the season who could regenerate limbs).

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
I fully expect Stormfront to return as a cyborg. However, even her formidable PR skills will have a difficult time rehabilitating her image since everybody knows she's a Nazi.

Not that everyone in 'Murica thinks Nazis are necessarily bad, as we now know. 😢 Which may also end up being a plot point as well - she'll have her own base of support, and Homelander as well as Edgar will need to walk a fine line to appeal to that group in order to keep their "approval ratings" up.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I would have liked to see the look on the guy playing Homelander's face, when he read in the script of his final moments on the season finale. :unsure: lol.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
I would have liked to see the look on the guy playing Homelander's face, when he read in the script of his final moments on the season finale. :unsure: lol.
They tried that scene for season 1 but HBO would not let them. They finally got it approved. I would post a link to the article but it has vulgar language in the article title so it will display on here. If you search google you will find it easily. Just google homelander and what he was doing.

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
They tried that scene for season 1 but HBO would not let them. They finally got it approved. I would post a link to the article but it has vulgar language in the article title so it will display on here. If you search google you will find it easily. Just google homelander and what he was doing.
I thought that scene was ridiculously over the top and unnecessary, even for this show.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I don't think what Homelander did in the final scene was any more over the top than what he was doing with Doppelganger. And it was necessary to show his state of mind and desperate "self-help" technique to recover from losing his son and his new girlfriend, while having to give in to Queen Maeve's demands and dealing with Edgar's betrayal.

·
Premium Member
35,427 Posts
If I can find it again I'll post a link, but I read an article about that scene a few days ago and it explains that because HL suffers from self-esteem issues the loss of his son to Butcher and the destruction of his current squeeze the act of spreading his seed all over the city he calls home was a way of reassuring himself he was still someone of stature, that he has value. Something like that anyway.

441 - 460 of 479 Posts