Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to current zap2it, this already long title becomes even longer

starting with the 10/8 episode. The Brotherhood of Poland, N.H. becomes

The Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire.

You may need to recreate the Replay Channel to have it recorded.

Wed 10/01 10:00p-11:00p CBS The Brotherhood of Poland, N.H.

Wed 10/08 10:00p-11:00p CBS The Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire

·
Registered
427 Posts
Shouldn't we be boycotting this show anyway? After all, Randy Quaid's character has been "Tivoing" Katie Couric because of his crush on her...

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Figures, I read the post and still I was bit by the name change. =(

sfhub, how'd you notice this? Do you check every show every week?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
If this show makes it 1 more episode before getting canceled it will least be more successful than Mr. Kelley's last effort, Girl's Club.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
So I should then just delete the, so far, unwatched recordings?

·
Registered
184 Posts
... reminds me of Picket Fences, without Fyvush Finkel and Ray Walston.

Don't miss the next episode where I predict it jumps the shark.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From someone who lives in NH, rather close to where the show is supposed to be set, I have to say: cancel it! It's garbage! It's Melrose Place with deer and stereotypes. None of the characters has depth or originality, they all felt like vain Hollywood types which there aren't a whole lot of in northern NH.

I can't believe they actually had the stupidity to joke that New Hampshire women are all unattractive! And they put it in their first episode! It’s like the producer is trying to use the show to insult all the people he grew up with. I was hard pressed to convince my wife to record the next episode.

One of the great things about NH and the thing that really makes it distinctive from the rest of the world is the landscape, especially around Plymouth, which is apparently the city the show is loosely based on (Portland only remotely resembles about 2 places in NH.) The land around Plymouth is beautiful. It's nestled in the foothills of the White Mountains and is quite majestic, especially now in foliage season. Yet what they show of outside scenery in the show looks like the suburbs of LA, crowded, messy, ugly, and dirty.

It's too bad the show is so poorly done, the concept had potential. Don't even bother to change your record settings, with the speed they yank shows nowadays, it won't be on long enough to matter!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
sfhub, how'd you notice this? Do you check every show every week?
I mostly just run tv_check (from xmltv package) once every few days.

Thank Reden for this great tool.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I just watch the "tough Love" episode on my 4000. I actually like it and the issues the show dealt with. I am willing to give the first two episodes a try even though egarland says it is not an accurate portrayal of New Hampshire and its people.

·
Registered
184 Posts
As a former resident of the Plymouth/Holderness/Bristol area, I'd put the show's location more in the neighborhood of Keene and the Monadnock region. Certainly not central NH (or north).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yup, we got caught by the name change and noticed partway through the second episode that it wasn't recording, so fixed it and got most of #2. But then, after watching the first episode, we were actually a little glad that we didn't have the whole second episode! Loser of a show.

A much better show shares some of the premise points but is actually interesting (though I'm not sure yet how it will hold up across the season) is "Joan of Arcadia".

Anyone ever notice how these new shows for the season often seam to come in bundles, where the basic premise could be described in almost identical words? These two aren't that close, but many sets really are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.