AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange show, but absolutely great picture quality. Noticed new CBS HDTV logo in the right hand corner at the beginning of the show.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Suppose to be 1080i here, but only 480i :(

The only CBS HDTV affliate in my area is OTA and its not even a week old so apparently they still need to get the bugs out..

The show sparked interest in me since I was a longtime viewer of "Northern Exposure" and BOPNH showed very similiar qualitys..

I just hope my local affliliate works things out before Friday.. "Joan of Arcadia" also looks promising imho...

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I actually hadn't intended to watch this show. It just hadn't sounded very interesting and there are only a few networks shows that I watch. I happen to turn to it about five minutes after it started and quickly became interested. I was pretty impressed with it. I'll see if that holds up over the next few episodes, but this show might just be a winner.

And the picture quality was indeed excellent.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry G
I actually hadn't intended to watch this show. It just hadn't sounded very interesting and there are only a few networks shows that I watch. I happen to turn to it about five minutes after it started and quickly became interested. I was pretty impressed with it. I'll see if that holds up over the next few episodes, but this show might just be a winner.

And the picture quality was indeed excellent.
Well, If previous D.E.Kelly efforts are any guide to the future ....

HDC

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
USA TODAY disliked it Big time.

·
Banned
539 Posts
I guess I'm a sucker for David Kelley, because I loved it. Real people dealing with real problems. It is kind of a Picket Fence continuation, which was a very good show.

HDTV quality was absolutely outstanding. Excellent lighting, focus, framing, everything.

·
Banned
539 Posts
In another thread people are saying West Wing looked great in HD, but I don't know how they could say that if they switched to CBS and watched this show. Maybe it was a local OTA NBC vs CBS problem, but I don't think so because plenty of shows look OK on NBC, such as the Tonight Show and Whoopi. Brotherhood of Poland blew West Wing away in terms of PQ, at least with my 80" screen and X1.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
This pq was much better than the West Wing, but unfortunately the sound was off in Charlotte so ended up watching WW - which was a shame.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I agree it looked great. I expected more from this show with such a good cast. It was so lame, my wife and I agreed to turn it off at the second commercial break.

SMK

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RoyGBiv
I agree it looked great. I expected more from this show with such a good cast. It was so lame, my wife and I agreed to turn it off at the second commercial break.

SMK
I agree, but will give it one more shot next week. If nothing else, I'd like to see how he tells his wife about the affair, if he does.

Scenery is really good. Anyone catch where the outdoor shots on this show are filmed.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
that show last night wasn't the pilot episode btw[i read that the pilot was shelved and the show last night was episode 2]

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Didn't they recast one of the brothers (or one of the wives) after the pilot? That could explain why last night's episode was #2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.