AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi everyone, "shovels in the ground" as they say so thought I'd start a thread.

I spent several months combing through these forums and while I think I obtained a good understanding of the basics I decided to hire Dennis Erskine to design the room. Having built the house ourselves 10 years ago I know where my strengths are (and aren't
).

Biggest decision was whether or not to stay with the existing basement. I have plenty of area but only 7'10" walls. In the end I decided that wasn't enough.  So we decided to rip off the existing 16x40' deck (painful since it was only 7 years old but made of cedar which looked great the first 2 weeks and then awful ever since), knock out a 16' section of the existing foundation, dig a 16x18'x10' hole for the front of the ht and put a 4seasons sunroom on the main level of this addition instead of the cedar deck.

Here's what we started with:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Deck demolition begins (fully OSHA approved)

Putting the kid to work

Deck demo done

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Underpinning existing footings

How to cut a 10" concrete wall (there is a truck with a motor in the back driving this saw)

Pulling down the second section of foundation - boy I hope it's braced good in the basement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Bit more progress...have to at least get the main level room waterproof before moving downstairs and starting on the theater

Footings

Pouring the floor

Floor joists

1 - 6 of 6 Posts