AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on TitanTV saying that The Cell was in HD 2nite. Anyone know if this is true? Would it be in OAR? If it is, it should look sweet in HD with all the surrealist visuals and stuff. Also, JLo in HD..mmmmm...JLo....ughhhhh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
UPN HD programming is the best kept secret in television. I've seen several Friday movies in HD, but I don't have a way to find out before hand that I can rely on. With any luck this will be one of the HD Fridays.



Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Largo
I noticed on TitanTV saying that The Cell was in HD 2nite. Anyone know if this is true? Would it be in OAR? If it is, it should look sweet in HD with all the surrealist visuals and stuff. Also, JLo in HD..mmmmm...JLo....ughhhhh.
hmmm... TitanTV does NOT show it as HD for me - D* West Coast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does look cropped, but the PQ is excellent. If it were OAR, sure it would look better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
I don't know what the OAR was, but it was 16X9 on UPN. The picture quality was great. This makes two or three times now when a UPN HD program was in the top 10 in PQ of the programming I've seen since I got my HDTV in 1999. Very interesting.


Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,884 Posts
Was this cut for commercials or general audiences more than usual? I saw the DVD awhile back and it seems like a bunch of the story was missing. Though I can't remember what. It just seemed to move along too fast.


- Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trbarry
Was this cut for commercials or general audiences more than usual? I saw the DVD awhile back and it seems like a bunch of the story was missing. Though I can't remember what. It just seemed to move along too fast.


- Tom
Yep! The broadcast movie length is about 87 mins and the DVD version is about 107 mins. 20 mins was cut including the credits. Hate watching movies from broadcast tv.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
I'm capturing it now, and noticed that during the scenes when the dective tries to get Catherine back—she's in that black lace with red collar thing, the picture kept stuttering. Was this due to edits, or was this just a local signal problem. The wild CGI intro to that scene was rather pixelated. So what does KBHK-DT, know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also watched it from KBHK-DT and it also stuttered for me while I was recording it in that same scene. Gonna hate to have to cut some of it while I encode to WM9.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eknoo
Yep! The broadcast movie length is about 87 mins and the DVD version is about 107 mins. 20 mins was cut including the credits. Hate watching movies from broadcast tv.
Also, it was edited for language, example:


"Get me the (brief silence) out of here!"
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top