AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
For now we have to take their word based on some of the test data that was shared until someone does some independent testing. I don't have the equipment to do that or I would.
Hopefully someone can do this in the near future. I did recently use the VFP for an autocal session with my A1E and had it set to 10 bit YCbCr output and got good results fwiw.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
For now we have to take their word based on some of the test data that was shared until someone does some independent testing. I don't have the equipment to do that or I would.
Could you show us those data, John? That would be interesting, because AFAIK and from the test I have seen, VFP/SIX-G are not already fixed. Thanks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I know this might not be really the right thread to say this but it's really sad to hear that the Accupel Ultra has been discontinued.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Sad news. Once again the market chose to go with the money and not with the best quality.
I’m really sorry for Accupel and for the men behind it. I don’t know the reason for that choice but one thing looks clear to me: you can’t survive in the HT calibration market if your target is the professional calibrator only.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the PGenerator and an Amazon FireTV stick but not sure what the patch scale in Lightspace should be set to when using each device with my LG E8 OLED. I'm seeing inconsistent results with both devices trying to profile in Lightspace so I can create a 3DLUT and I think it's due to a misconfiguration on my part.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi,

the PGenerator output is full RGB by default (unless You have changed it with device control) and You obviously want to calibrate for video, so You have to set patch scale in LS to 16-235.

According to the first page of this thread FireStick output seems to be RGB limited, so You have to set patch scale to 0-255 for this device.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

the PGenerator output is full RGB by default (unless You have changed it with device control) and You obviously want to calibrate for video, so You have to set patch scale in LS to 16-235.

According to the first page of this thread FireStick output seems to be RGB limited, so You have to set patch scale to 0-255 for this device.
Thanks for the info, it's clear to me now. I wasn't sure if something else was happening since I moved over from Calman and it wants to include superwhite.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I’ll let you know as soon as l’ll be back home Tuesday evening (GMT+2).

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
Thanks for the info, it's clear to me now. I wasn't sure if something else was happening since I moved over from Calman and it wants to include superwhite.
PGenerator (at device settings) need to have RGB-Full all the time, no other setting is correct. RGB-Limited will compress the levels and the RGB triplet generation will be incorrect.

You just use RGB-Full (from device all the time, its the default setting) and you manage the levels from the software you will use.

For example in LightSpace (you have 3 options) you can set patch scale 16-235 (if you need RGB-Video) or 16-255 (if you need RGB-Video Extended) or 0-255 (for PC Levels).

With CalMAN It has 2 options, 16-235 or 0-255.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
@ConnecTEDDD Does it make much of a difference in calibration accuracy if your patterns are outputted in RGB or YCbCr? I've been using a PS4 and there's no RGB or YCbCr output setting (currently) and I don't know what it's outputting through HDMI. Calibration results with your patterns have been very good though regardless, I'd just like to know. Also, should my TV be set to HDMI limited range during calibration? Thanks Ted.
Hi, I missed that question. Since you will playback from PS4 the patterns and there no settings for colorspace output, you are measuring the whole video chain, you are counting any colorspace conversion to the patches which will be displayed to your screen.

RGB-Video or YCbCr, both are 16-235, so TV will have to except limited range.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
Hi,

I have the firestick 4K with mobileforge and Calman , and am trying to calibrate my projector for dci , however I was informed that mobileforge can only do SDR and not dci P3
Just wanted to confirm if this is correct

Tdhanks
It can do RGB-Video SDR patch generation (but not bit-perfect).

The target colorspace is a software setting, when you will want to display 100% Saturation with 100% Stimulus level, software will send 235.16.16 RGB Triplet. It doesn't matter if you aim for P3 or REC.2020 or REC.709, the RGB triplet will be exact the same.

The RGB-Triplet is different only when you want to measure P3 inside a REC.2020 colorspace or REC.709 inside REC.2020 etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I just ran same tests using Six-G and Accupell DGA-6000. It looks like Six-G is 10 bit accurate (i didn't test 12 bit but i trust your findings). The problem is that it's true ONLY FOR YCbCR 4:4:4!

When set to 4:2:2 it inaccurate like before.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2544492
We only tested 10bit and 12bit YCBCR BT.2020 HDR, not SDR. I would send this data to Murideo.

I will verify the VFP for SDR 10 and 12 Bit BT.709.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #219 (Edited)
@Anger.miki thanks for conducting these invaluable tests, they are truly a massive help. Since there are 2 versions of the 3rd generation ATV, what was the model that you tested A1427 or A1469 - Rev A?
There you go: Model A1427. I added this info to the first post. Thanks Ivan.

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
We only tested 10bit and 12bit YCBCR BT.2020 HDR, not SDR. I would send this data to Murideo.

I will verify the VFP for SDR 10 and 12 Bit BT.709.
So you tested YCbCr 4:4:4 2160p24 HDR10 8/10/12bit?

201 - 220 of 650 Posts