AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
This show appears to have echos to CBS' Blue Bloods, sans the family. All I have seen are the preview spots and they look interesting. Beyond that, I have no idea what the show actually looks like. I do plan on having the DVR set to record it. I will make my decision then.

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
It's the new cop show from Shawn Ryan it used to be called "Ride-along."

Might be good but this season of police dramas is stretching my tolerance level.

·
Premium Member
36,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 /forum/post/19560206

I happen to like Detroit 187 and also look forward to this new show. Why do they have to be mutually exclusive?

I like Detroit 187 as well, as I've note elsewhere I think it's some of Imperioli's best work, and the location shooting in the city of Detroit is easily half the attraction for me. So much is being done on SoCal backlots for so many shows it's become boring and way too easy to pick them out from show to show. I think the filming in Detroit should get equal billing on the marquee with the actual actors.

I am looking forward to this show as I believe The Shield to be one of the best dramas ever to be shown on TV.

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8
I happen to like Detroit 187 and also look forward to this new show. Why do they have to be mutually exclusive?
They don't have to be. But I think that the people that think that Detroit 187 sucks hope that they are.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe they'll consider another genre, but why.... NCIS pulled in almost 23 million viewers on Tuesday, and it's 18-49 rating is right up there with the best of them. It's been a tough go for scripted dramas on broadcast, they've got to stick with what works.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Certainly good production values and a decent enough story despite the generic feel to it. Took me a while to realize who the sidekick partner was (from Friday Night Lights). One production value they could improve on would be to get the Commish a hat more her size or just keep her out of uniform hats. She looked ridiculous in that 20 gallon cop hat on her little head. Quite the surprise when her assistant was doing his narrative voice-over near the end and his story line took that sudden turn. I'll stick for a few more.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I saw that the show was promoting itself as the best new show on TV - before the premier. That gave me some concern about the hype vs quality ratio.

After watching the 1st episode, I see there is more hype than quality. Very routine plot, uninspiring characters, etc.

Detroit 187 is much better, in my opinion.

I'd look for this one to go away fairly soon, based on my wife's review of the show. She loves anything with cops and squad cars but said that she'd give this one a second chance next week. If it's not better, it will lose it's place on my DVR schedule.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydu /forum/post/19970245

I saw that the show was promoting itself as the best new show on TV - before the premier. That gave me some concern about the hype vs quality ratio.

If you look carefully at that quote, it is from the New York Post. The Post is owned by Rupert Murdock's NewsCorp, the same company that owns FOX and the film company the show is produced by, 20th Century Fox.....other than that, I saw the show via On Demand, and I like it, but then again I am originally from Chicago and I miss my hometown dearly....and the opening car scene I believe was over on Lake Street near Cicero Ave.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't hate it. Will need a few more episodes to decide. but I rather there were more Terriers episodes.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo11 /forum/post/19973497

...but then again I am originally from Chicago and I miss my hometown dearly....and the opening car scene I believe was over on Lake Street near Cicero Ave.

I live way out in the NW Chicago 'burbs now, and other than the food and entertainment (especially the food - which is nothing but totally overpriced crap on a stick out here - the steaks are like shoe leather, and even the hot dogs are largely inedible), I really don't miss anything else about living or hanging around in the actual city proper these days (or even the surrounding suburbs, which aren't all that different in the worst ways now).

I'm still close enough that I can go into there whenever I really want or need to (although it is technically a "trip") - but as far as actually residing there, I'll take out here in Blandsville, USA anyday.

I don't know how long it's been since you've lived here, but this whole state is rapidly going down the tubes. With the recent, 66% hike in the personal, state income tax, and the large hike in business taxes, also, I would expect a mass exodus of even more people and business from here.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts