Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all !!

I have bin reading post like no one else for the past 6 month.....to find out what kind of projector i needed for a good home theater. I think i loked on to the Mitsubishi X300....because i read that it had realy good blacks, and that it could show movie like pics, with the lens filter they talk about at projectorcentral.

Is this a good choise....ore what ??? is it true that this projector is the same as infocus LP770 ????, can i get a cheeper projector that is just as good ???? looking for a good one in range $2.5K MAX.... now should i stik with this one ore do you guys have a better one in mind ???? thanks all.....and thanks for this great forum site !!!!

Yours

Nicolas (Denmark)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I saw the X300 and the X400 side by side, on the same screen, at a dealer close to where I live. This is the closest one can get to doing an a/b test. The images were about 100" diagonal on each side of the screen. These was some ambient light, which, in my opinion, did not affect either of the projectors. It was only a brief test and I will possibly go back on Friday for a longer demonstration. They both looked good. Although, the X300 needed some colour calibration. They were showing the same movie at the same time and it was interesting to see colour calibration differences on a real-time basis. Regarding the screen-door effect, all I can say is that I can live with what I saw at about twelve or thirteen feet viewing distance. I will bring my tape measure next time I go.

For my next demo I am going to bring a copy of Jurassic Park for jaggies, The Fifth Element for colour saturation, and The Third Man for black and white movies. I will let you know how it goes.

My other consideration is the Sanyo PLV-60. I do not have a dealer, yet, where I can demo this projector and compare it to the Mitsubishis.

------------------

cai

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.