AVS Forum banner

781 - 800 of 837 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I want to love the CCGTV but am very disappointed that it still has crippled audio on the HBO Max app. I have to revert to one of my other streamers to get DD+/Dolby Atmos on this one app. Is anyone aware of improvements in the offing?
Fingers crossed but I know they are aware of the problem. I've reported it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Fingers crossed but I know they are aware of the problem. I've reported it.

I'm curious did you try casting to the Chromecast with Google TV to see if that fixes the sound issue as a workaround?

Mentioning it since the Nvidia Shield pro had Atmos broken in mid December and it was not fuxed it till mid February. but casting to the Nvidia Shield pro in that case allowed atmos to play.

I cannot try it myself because my Chromecast with Google TV is attached to a plain flat panel.

-T

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I can confirm casting from phone will get you Atmos/DD+ audio for HBO Max. BUT, that's a big but, you lost Dolby Vision. Only HDR10.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I can confirm casting from phone will get you Atmos/DD+ audio for HBO Max. BUT, that's a big but, you lost Dolby Vision. Only HDR10.
Nonetheless, that is a decent workaround until the app gets updated for DD+/Atmos.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Apple TV app update today seems to fix Atmos on the titles that were playing stereo initially.
Confirmed! They are putting out Atmos, haven't checked on 5.1. Some of the pop up title cards aren't listed Atmos or Vision.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Confirmed! They are putting out Atmos, haven't checked on 5.1. Some of the pop up title cards aren't listed Atmos or Vision.

5.1 is output as Dolby Digital, not DD+.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hi All:

I'm a Roku user (Ultra 4800R) and enjoy it quite a bit. however, reading about the JustWatch website and apps, i am curious to try it. The issue is: the apps are ONLY available on AppleTV, CCWGTV, and Amazon Fire.

as a person without any Apple devices in my home, the AppleTV is out (no ecosystem to benefit from). between CCWGTV and Amazon Fire, i am guessing that the Amazon Fire is a dated device, so the natural option is CCWGTV.

the question is it seems like an awfully big effort to go through to use ONE app! on the other hand, JustWatch sounds quite convenient: you type in what you want to watch, JustWatch would spit out the free options and the pay options, then you just merely click on the option you wish to watch it on's icon, and voila, you're taken right to that service and start watching.

may i ask what the thoughts are please of the good folks here about getting a CCWGTV solely for this JustWatch app? does it work well?

thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
5.1 is output as Dolby Digital, not DD+.

Amazing Apple gets this resolved in a month, yet Vudu, Disney+, Movies Anywhere, Paramount+, HBO MAX, can't get their Vision/Atmos, 5.1 figured out?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
HBO MAX , on Chromecast with Google TV, now outputting Atmos. Tested on Justice League and Wonder Woman.

Thanks for passing that along. This is huge news for me, as it is the only reason I have been resorting to other streaming devices. Now my CCGTV can serve full-time as my principal streamer with all the others (Roku Ultra, Amazon FTV4K, TV) as back-up.

Reactions: davcole

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hi All:

I'm a Roku user (Ultra 4800R) and enjoy it quite a bit. however, reading about the JustWatch website and apps, i am curious to try it. The issue is: the apps are ONLY available on AppleTV, CCWGTV, and Amazon Fire.

as a person without any Apple devices in my home, the AppleTV is out (no ecosystem to benefit from). between CCWGTV and Amazon Fire, i am guessing that the Amazon Fire is a dated device, so the natural option is CCWGTV.

the question is it seems like an awfully big effort to go through to use ONE app! on the other hand, JustWatch sounds quite convenient: you type in what you want to watch, JustWatch would spit out the free options and the pay options, then you just merely click on the option you wish to watch it on's icon, and voila, you're taken right to that service and start watching.

may i ask what the thoughts are please of the good folks here about getting a CCWGTV solely for this JustWatch app? does it work well?

thank you all in advance.
Reelgood can cast to your Roku from your mobile device. Have you tried that service? Similar but maybe more user friendly and quicker to setup and get started watching.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I’m not sure when it updated because I haven’t used it in awhile, but the Tidal app now outputs Atmos for me on the CCwGTV

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
What's the best solution to mount the Chromecast behind the TV? Right now it hangs down and can be seen from the front. Is it just as simple as a couple pieces of double-sided tape? Or is there something more sturdy?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Does anyone have success with the Chromecast with Google TV playing 4K HDR via Plex onto a 4K HDR tv? Terminator 2 and assassin's Creed for reference.

I was getting mad stutter. An image would appear on the screen and would not update for another 5 to 10 seconds. The spinning cursor was appearing in between since it has a load data. Basically unplayable. I did receive a pop-up warning when I played the 4K content, and the pop-up was from Plex indicating that the content has HDR and I would need flexpass. Ignore the warning and play the content.

I received no such warning on my 2018 fire stick 4K. And the fire stick plays 4K HDR content via Plex just fine. I have refresh rate set to play the original on both streamers. And the data is coming across as not transcoded video. It's the pure 4K signal.

Both the fire stick 4K and the Google TV were attached to the same television using wi-fi. each one had an internet connection of 170 mbps up/down. So they can go at least that fast. I'm sure it's faster when they just contacting the home network. Cuz they're about 20 ft from the router.

-T

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
That warning only appears when you play HDR movie to non-HDR displays. My 4K rips are either both DV and HDR or just HDR and they play fine on my 4K TV in DV or HDR smoothly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

781 - 800 of 837 Posts