AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
I had no idea this was on BD. That's awesome! I was really excited to see this movie, I just watched Human Resources recently on DVD, and it was simply amazing, a very interesting director. I'm sorry to say, obviously given my happy surprise, that I haven't seen the BD and have no comment on PQ/AQ.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Just watched it last night.

PQ is average, daylight toner all the way, not much to say.

This movie is extremely draggy, felt like the same scenes in long conversation repeated over and over again....it filmed like documentary style, pretty good camera works though. Actually i FF some of the scenes at some point...guilty.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Reporting back!

The audio quality is straightforward, it's a 3.0 channel mix, and as expected it's mainly all dialogue, but it's quite well recorded.

The video is great actually. I'm assuming this was shot digitally in HD, and despite the drab surroundings and lack of much color, it's very detailed and handled quite well. It's relatively high bitrate AVC for the content that it is, no EE that I saw at all. It is by no means demo material simply because there isn't anything here you'd regard as eye candy, and it's the kind of film that isn't hugely benefitted by BD, but it is a very nicely done BD regardless.

This isn't really a documentary, but it might as well be a documentary, it is a very real film.

It was also an exceptional film. Highly HIGHLY recommended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.