AVS Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I'm not sure I wouldn't push for a replacement projector...Blown bulbs usually leave glass debris and mercury residue all over the place. And this thing is brand new, is it not?
You are correct (about 10 hrs of use), I replaced it last night with the new bulb that came in and there was glass residue inside the compartment. I will be calling them back later today.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
According to Epson the unit is designed for the glass to stay in that compartment and will not cause any issues with the projector. I at least have it recorded with them that it happened.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Started building home network in Utility Room
[

Decided I did not want the AV equipment in front of the screen after reading through the forums. So I built an AV closet.
I decided to put my AV equipment in the furnace room too, using a Harmony Hub to control IR functions. I've got that exact modem, WiFi router, and Ooma as well... thinking about going tankless water heater when ours gives out.

Curious which exact seats you went with? That's probably the next thing I need, and I think I can go 5 wide if I get slim seats.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I decided to put my AV equipment in the furnace room too, using a Harmony Hub to control IR functions. I've got that exact modem, WiFi router, and Ooma as well... thinking about going tankless water heater when ours gives out.

Curious which exact seats you went with? That's probably the next thing I need, and I think I can go 5 wide if I get slim seats.
I went with Seatcraft Helios and they are comfortable. I chose these because they were thinner in dimensions and they fit nicely on the riser and still maintained a seat that was centered on the screen. I'm 6'1" and 240lbs and the seats hold up well.

You'll enjoy the tankless water heater.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Not much updates here. We have been just enjoying the basement/theater as is for a while. Did get a popcorn machine for the kids on Christmas.

Other than that I will one day get motivated and finish some of the details.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts