1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
LOL! Thanks for making me remember what I tried so hard to forget....

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I'm sorry but that Bad video just makes me laugh so hard I can't watch it. Not that the song isn't good but the whole concept of the video is hilarious to me. I'm so dangerous that I have a troupe of broadway musical wannabe dancers, with far more colorful clothes and better hair styles than you punks.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Yea it looked lipsynced as was common in the MTV video days ( good riddence!)... I was just commenting on the fact that the performance had very little to do with dancers, except Michael Jackson.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR_IN_LA /forum/post/12874930

Yea it looked lipsynced as was common in the MTV video days ( good riddence!)...

So, you actually prefer a station called Music TeleVision not having music videos?

They should change the name of the station to reflect their current programming which doesn't include music videos.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Yea I thought the total effect of music videos on the art form was bad. Occassionally there is a good one though ...

I wonder if "Across The Universe" is going to be a good music video ? er ... whether its going to be a good movie I mean ....

·
Registered
3,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey /forum/post/12869063

I'm sorry but that Bad video just makes me laugh so hard I can't watch it. Not that the song isn't good but the whole concept of the video is hilarious to me. I'm so dangerous that I have a troupe of broadway musical wannabe dancers, with far more colorful clothes and better hair styles than you punks.

I take it you aren't a big fan of West Side Story either...

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I wouldn't object to looking at Natalie Wood for a while, but I have a little trouble with the 'break into song and dance' thing in general in movies. It can work if it's done tongue in cheek, like in Clerks II, which I thought was great. And I liked Moulin Rouge, Chicago and Showgirls, though in the first and last there's a little more legitimate reason for doing so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts