AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to start anything but just to voice my opinions and hoping to get some support along the way.

I've been around AVS for a few years now and often come in here to read various threads and ask questions. AVS offers an enormous wealth of information for which I'm very grateful.

One of my favortie thread is the "questions for indusry insiders" which recently has been closed. Frankly, I think this is a mistake to close this thread. It is the only thread where many of the responses come from industry insiders who, IMHO, has a ton of knowledge and project enormous amount of credibility. The participation of these insider individuals can only help to bring more reliable info/opinions and visibility to this community. Sure, I understand that from time to time, there's not much news/events to discuss and contents of this thread seem to wander aimlessly. But as news/events developed, responses from these insiders are much more meaningful to me than other pretenders.

Yes, I concur that there are many threads that should be closed/locked. We all know those. The ones where people act and behave much less civilized or those that kept on repeating themselves over and over.

But where else can you go and read opinions/info of people like amir and others and .... have a certainty that these people are real insiders?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I agree. Very rash acting to shut down one of the most important threads here like that.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It was one of the few ongoing threads that was worth trying to catch up on. We close that thread because it has outlived it's usefulness, but Nielsen Prediction thread #598042 is starting up? Talk about a thread that never had any usefulness...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.