AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

For those of you who are fans and own this movie, could you comment on whether or not you get true 7.1 audio from your AVR while playing back the DTS-HD track? The reason I ask is I recently purchased this disc after it was noted on these forums that the PS3's DTS-HD capabilities now allow all titles to be played back in full 7.1 rather than a forced 5.1 downmix. I want to know if it is a PS3 issue or if I have a faulty disc that I should exchange at the store. To my dismay, I have not been able to get 7.1 audio from my PS3 setup, only 5.1, even after the latest firmware update. Please tell me what you have in your hardware set-up also for reference. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I believe this was the one title where the recent PS3 firmware update did not change the way it handles the 7.1 audio track. The 7.1 New Line titles are now working correctly on the PS3. I don't believe there is anything wrong with your disc.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT /forum/post/14259958

2.41 firmware loaded: Still outputs 5.1. No change.

Thanks for the response. Just out of curiousity, which receiver do you have connected to your PS3?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Samsung BD-UP5000 BD player going through a Harman Kardon AVR-354, bitstreamed audio. That disc reported (via the AVR) as being DTS-HD HR (not MA), and I only got audio out of six (of 7) speakers. The surround back right channel was not there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts