AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other thread revealed I'm not the only one with this problem. I want to find out if only effects certain drives so if you've upgraded your HDD post if get this error or not, what HDD you use and what model PS3.( list ). I'll go first.

CECHA (60GB) Seagate 7200.4 500GB

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I used to get that error when I had upgraded my HDD to the WD Scorpio 320gb on my old 60gb. Haven't had that error pop up when I installed the same HDD into the Slim PS3.

That notification has not popped up on my old 60gb when I took the 120gb HDD that came with the Slim and put it in the CECHA unit.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've got a BC 80gb unit and swapped it out for a 7200 500gb WD scorpio. I didn't get any errors after the instal aside from the backup utility not completing a full restore.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty /forum/post/18157992

I used to get that error when I had upgraded my HDD to the WD Scorpio 320gb

This is the drive I used, and I get the error occasionally. I wonder if it has a spin-up delay that's causing the problem? If I turn the power switch off on the back for a few seconds, then switch it all back on, it works.

This was an 80g unit with BC (4 USBs and card readers)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.