AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a copy of The Day After Tomorrow. The cardboard outer sleeve says widescreen on the front (oval sticker), while the back says anamorphic widescreen. However, when you remove the plastic case containing the disc, the front side says widescreen edition while the back says fullscreen. I haven’t removed the shrink wrap yet. Has anyone noticed this yet?

Peter

· Registered
52 Posts
I just got my copy and it says wide screen on the front and back of both the outer sleeve and the plastic case, as well as the DVD itself. I have the single disc version. No misprint on my copy.

· Registered
27,759 Posts
It has both? It must be a variation for Canndian release.

Edited.

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I thought maybe as it was the Canadian version (printing in both English and French) that maybe there was a screw up of some sort.

· Registered
27,759 Posts
Hmm....Forget Widescreen Review..Amazon has both 4:3 or 16:9

Here is the link : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...268966-8259162

Apparently the Canadian disc varies from the North American model (Remember the bit rate difference between Passion of the Christ from N.A. and Canada)?

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Should I buy that DVD?????

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Edsynth, you mentioned that the copy you bought was the single disc version....Is there a double-disc version ??

I just watched my copy which i bought at BestBuy and i did not see any double-disc version being offered for sale when i picked mine up.

And, by the way, the "extra" disc that came packaged only with the dvd sold at BestBuy is a big rip-off : it is just a continuous loop of advertised "upcoming dvd attractions" showcasing movies like "I, Robot", "Alien V Predator", "Predator SE", etc.....

I was also rather disappointed by the amount of extra features available in the dvd of "Day After Tomorrow" : only commentaries and two minor deleted scenes !

· Registered
52 Posts
My Mistake. it turns out there is a two disc special edition, but it is not a US release. I searched for it on google and found the special edition available in the UK, Australia, etc. but not the USA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.