Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako /forum/post/0

Yeah Blu-ray always get them cheaper. Like Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and The Ant Bully for example.

According to the press releases, the Blu-Ray version is going to be $1 cheaper than the HD DVD copy...

~Alan

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon /forum/post/0

According to the press releases, the Blu-Ray version is going to be $1 cheaper than the HD DVD copy...

~Alan

If the difference is a buck, then I'll just get the HD-DVD version. Unless the early reviews say the PCM track is superior.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydiplomat /forum/post/0

i thought that seemed right though considering the blu-ray version now has PCM

Yeah I wonder if part of the extra cost had to do with creating the TrueHD and in this case LPCM soundtracks since their old tracks were 640K direct 5.1 to 5.1+ ports.

ME even if I supported both formats. At $1 more it would make getting the DVD side a benefit and a deal at that price. I could back it up and lend it to my friends. Specially after what happened to my Superman Returns.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME /forum/post/0

If the difference is a buck, then I'll just get the HD-DVD version. Unless the early reviews say the PCM track is superior.

How can the PCM track be superior than TrueHD? lossless sound = uncompressed sound

·
Registered
23,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/0

How can the PCM track be superior than TrueHD? lossless sound = uncompressed sound

I'm guessing they will both be 16/48, but with space and bandwidth they could go with 24/48. Basically, non-lossy "lossless".

--Darin

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
10,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 /forum/post/0

I'm guessing they will both be 16/48, but with space and bandwidth they could go with 24/48. Basically, non-lossy "lossless".

--Darin

Didn't think about it that way. Thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Incidentally, it's already jumped to #282 in the sales rankings in less than 24 hours. The BD is still unavailable to order though. With the exclusives on either side, I still believe it'll be big neutral titles like these that will really point to which format is doing best and are more likely to sway exclusive studios when they see how much more they could have sold.

It's also proof to me that people DO buy combos, like them or not...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.