AVS Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Congratulations on the baby. Have a well deserved rest with the new one.
I don't think he will get rest with a new one. Believe me i know. I have one who just turn one month today.
Love him to death but man i would love to get one good night sleep.

Femi

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I don't think he will get rest with a new one. Believe me i know. I have one who just turn one month today.

Love him to death but man i would love to get one good night sleep.

Femi
Congrats to both of you guys . Yeah I got lucky and didn't ever have to go through that I'm a super super heavy sleeper and the wife said its more work getting me up than just getting up herself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Does this look ok for port clearance, not much I can do now though the braces are glued in doh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
I’ve made a big mistake, the brace you see is 18mm to far back, hence Close to the port, so my access hatch brace that I have made that is supposed to rest on this brace is 18mm short. The options are, try and remove the brace, although not sure how without snapping it, add an extra 18mm to the access hatch panel piece, or add an extra perpendicular brace piece to the window so that it holds the access hatch.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Removed the brace so will have to fashion a new one, Jesus wood glue is bloody strong, the mdf splir before the joint did!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Extending my congrats to the babymakers...... when my 21 year old was small, I didn't get a decent night of sleep until she was almost 3!!! Just so you know what IS possible....

Juju

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Reactions: Red Five

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,410
My two year old is going to be three at the end of this summer and she is still not sleeping. I have had the night shift for the last several weeks, it really burns you out. Usually I would do the weekend and a night here or there.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Fellas, just wait til you get them out the house! My 26 year old is FINALLY graduating from Cincinnati this year. Reminds me of Craig from "Higher Learning." He has a job and plans on getting his OWN place in July. The apartment me and the wife pays for, the lease expires in August. We'll be FREE!

Reactions: jujuman200

·
Registered
JVC RS500 | Yamaha RX-2070 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Klipsch RF-7 | Micca Ref Series Atmos | 21" Devs x 2
392 Posts
I am having a heck of a time sourcing 12-10 .187" female disconnects for the cabinet side of the speakon terminal. Anyone have suggestions for getting them locally? I see PE has them but cost me more to ship than they are worth.

Thanks!

Chad

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,414
I am having a heck of a time sourcing 12-10 .187" female disconnects for the cabinet side of the speakon terminal. Anyone have suggestions for getting them locally? I see PE has them but cost me more to ship than they are worth.

Thanks!

Chad
I would give the local hardware store a call, they might have them.

·
Registered
JVC RS500 | Yamaha RX-2070 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Klipsch RF-7 | Micca Ref Series Atmos | 21" Devs x 2
392 Posts
So far HD, Lowes, nor Menards had them. I will try a local place and see what they got. Also, thought maybe one of the auto parts stores may carry them. Thanks and congrats on the new one!!

Chad

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Thanks!

Chad

I'm sure Amazon would have them and if you have Prime they would be free shipping.

·
Registered
326 Posts
@Red Five congratulations with new life. Nothing is more beautiful.
At least your kids will never have to buy a Klipsch sub in the shop ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello Everyone! I’ve completed my second round of Mini Devastators.

The first I created were Mini 18” Version 2. I wasn’t fond of the aesthetic direction I went, making them look like cabinets. I think it was too distracting and I had issues with sealing the resin. Secondary concern was access panel put of square. Pretty sure it was sealed well, but... I wasn’t happy.

Second build is the Mini 18” Version 5, with the top access hatch.

This build went a little more smoothly, especially since I had the local wood company cut all my pieces. Only at one point were things seeMing out of square, not sure where it came from, but I was able to clamp it back in pretty close.

After work today and after touch ups are done, I will post near field measurements :cool:

Sadly I did not take pictures during the build.

Edit: NearField added. Bheringer was set to 12 o'clock, AVR -15.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
So I was killing some time before bed and stumbled across a leak conversion on here. Being my first DIY run, I didn’t consider the importance of leaks!

Found a decent size leak on one edge, and a small one in the corner. Fixed them up, will test again tomorrow!

1401 - 1420 of 1873 Posts