AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 12 runs, enough was enough, switched over to CBS to catch the last 15 mins of Citizen Baines.

The District came on next, and although I no fan of the stylized look of the outdoor scenes of last night's show, I was floored once again by the amazing PQ of this show. Wish I could have taped that one to use as a demo.

Note the show's title sequence is not HDTV.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I agree. Since last year this show has had the best PQ of all of prime time, with the exception of maybe "The Sopranos" season three. This season the indoor scenes have looked as good as always, but the outdoor scenes have this weird tint to them that I hate. They did not look that way last season. CBS Stop it!

·
Registered
447 Posts
First, I agree. The District has awesome picture quality. I liked that show last season, to some extent.

I must comment about it. Though I know this is not really the place to talk about themes of the shows, but I have to say that I am getting a little tired of the heavy-handedness of some of the topics that CBS deals with. They have a fairly peculiar conservative slant that doesn't sit well with me sometimes. Sort of like trying to listen to Dr. Laura or Rush Limbaugh on the way to work... I can only tolerate so much of their bleating until I am forced to go back to listening to CDs while I drive.

Anyway, the images look great even if the merits of their storylines not always do. :)

-- Robert

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Utterly irrelevant. Does that mean that conservative people shouldn't like "The West Wing" because of its liberal slant? That's ridiculous! It's only TV, and both are good shows. That's all that matters.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Quote:
They have a fairly peculiar conservative slant that doesn't sit well with me sometimes. Sort of like trying to listen to Dr. Laura or Rush Limbaugh on the way to work... I can only tolerate so much of their bleating until I am forced to go back to listening to CDs while I drive.
Excuse me, but what would happen if people complained here about the completely left wing, liberal stuff that NBC and ABC shovel down out throats? I think a firestorm would start and it would get ugly fast.

If you do not like those shows, then do not watch them and do not complain about them here. Politics is strictly banned in the AVS forum and for a good reason. Perhaps you are offending members with your comments? Just because you do not like Rush Limbaugh or Dr. Laura doesn't mean you have the agreement of other AVS members.

For the record, I have never seen a single episode of THE DISTRICT. The only CBS dramas I watch are CSI (just started this one and it is very good) and SURVIVOR (season 2 was more fun).

The only other Network shows I watch are FRIENDS (getting very tired) and EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND (just recently started). I gave up on Ms. MCBEAL last year.

When my DISH 6000 system is installed later in the week, I will try out all the CBS HD shows and judge for myself. :cool:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Back to the topic...

I saw The District for the first time last night. Actually, I saw 10 minutes of it. But, I was floored. The picture quality and lighting is superior on this show to any other show I've seen. I love CSI and Judging Amy and I've always thought the PQ on these shows was good. But, The District is the best network show PQ I've seen. vruiz has been saying this for a while. Until last night, I never had the chance to see for myself.

Whether you like the show or not, you'll agree that the PQ is top-notch.

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
The District has been consistently excellent in PQ week after week. Some of the new shows being done in HD that are disappointing (think Max Bickford) should take a look at this show for reference material.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.