AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked out the video demo and it looks kind of cool especially the poker tables. I know a lot of people feel a game machine should be just that but this is a new time where you can get a lot of things bundled in almost whatever electronic item you get. I think that would be cool to have that in the marketplace or MS setup something with 2K sports.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
Not sure what you are referring to. Do you mean the area for Playstation Home that EA is creating?


EDIT: Never mind. After doing a quick Google search, I think that is what you are referring to. Can't wait for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
I think he is trying to gauge your opinions on a service like this for Xbox. You know, whether you guys would welcome it, deride it, etc.


That's just my guess, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think he is trying to gauge your opinions on a service like this for Xbox. You know, whether you guys would welcome it. Thanks dbburns thats exactly what I was trying to do just gauge interest. I hate to call people out because it keeps nonsense going but sometimes people act like children when a question is asked. If you don't like it thats cool but we can disagree without being disagreeable but if that cannot be accomplished then I don't know what to say for some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,402 Posts
I still don't know what he's talking about, but maybe if there were a link to something and a little better explanation of what he meant...


I apologize for jumping him. Seems like there's been a lot P$3 posting to the Xbox forums lately. If there's genuinely something cool on P$N that he's wondering about interest for migrating to Live, then it's a valid topic. So again sorry if that's the case. But I can't tell from the original post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
Personally, NOT a fan of HOME by any means. It's part of my dislike of social networks and Second Life/SIMs based environments. But I have to say that as a sports fan the EA Sports Complex looks cool. It's probably the only thing I'll actually spend some time in HOME on the PS3 with. Mainly because I'm a poker whore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 /forum/post/15560165


Personally, NOT a fan of HOME by any means. It's part of my dislike of social networks and Second Life/SIMs based environments. But I have to say that as a sports fan the EA Sports Complex looks cool. It's probably the only thing I'll actually spend some time in HOME on the PS3 with. Mainly because I'm a poker whore

Can't you just play poker on your PC, for free or pay? You don't have to wait in a virtual line, either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus /forum/post/15559187


I still don't know what he's talking about, but maybe if there were a link to something and a little better explanation of what he meant...


I apologize for jumping him. Seems like there's been a lot P$3 posting to the Xbox forums lately. If there's genuinely something cool on P$N that he's wondering about interest for migrating to Live, then it's a valid topic. So again sorry if that's the case. But I can't tell from the original post.

P$3? P$N?


Seriously?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/15562076


P$3? P$N?


Seriously?

Yup.
This is the Xbox forum, and it's my little way of getting back at all the $ony whores who like to post M$ and Micro$oft over here. And believe it or not, $ony is a bigger and meaner CE corp than MS. Try and remember the CDs that wouldn't play in CD players that Philips made them take the "CD" slogan off of and were eventually recalled, and the root-kit secret install crap, etc.


I wouldn't post P$3, P$N, or $ony in the Play$tation forums. I don't understand anyone's need to post anti-MS stuff over here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus /forum/post/15563733


Yup.
This is the Xbox forum, and it's my little way of getting back at all the $ony whores who like to post M$ and Micro$oft over here. And believe it or not, $ony is a bigger and meaner CE corp than MS. Try and remember the CDs that wouldn't play in CD players that Philips made them take the "CD" slogan off of and were eventually recalled, and the root-kit secret install crap, etc.


I wouldn't post P$3, P$N, or $ony in the Play$tation forums. I don't understand anyone's need to post anti-MS stuff over here.

And I don't understand why people have to be fanboys and cheerleaders just because they post on one forum or another.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus /forum/post/15563733


Yup.
This is the Xbox forum, and it's my little way of getting back at all the $ony whores who like to post M$ and Micro$oft over here. And believe it or not, $ony is a bigger and meaner CE corp than MS. Try and remember the CDs that wouldn't play in CD players that Philips made them take the "CD" slogan off of and were eventually recalled, and the root-kit secret install crap, etc.


I wouldn't post P$3, P$N, or $ony in the Play$tation forums. I don't understand anyone's need to post anti-MS stuff over here.

Whatever floats your boat, Slick. Still look like a childish fanboi from where I'm sitting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus /forum/post/15563733


Yup.
This is the Xbox forum, and it's my little way of getting back at all the $ony whores who like to post M$ and Micro$oft over here. And believe it or not, $ony is a bigger and meaner CE corp than MS. Try and remember the CDs that wouldn't play in CD players that Philips made them take the "CD" slogan off of and were eventually recalled, and the root-kit secret install crap, etc.


I wouldn't post P$3, P$N, or $ony in the Play$tation forums. I don't understand anyone's need to post anti-MS stuff over here.

... Wow... I don't typically throw around insults without bothering to argue but... well the hell with it you're an idiot.


Anyway I'm not sure why the OP is getting **** for this. He noticed something a competing product had that he thought was cool and simply asked if anyone else would be interested in that feature on the 360. What just because it's coming from a Sony platform we can't dare to think that it may be a cool feature to have on the 360?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,402 Posts
I apologized. I made a mistake for jumping all over him. I don't know what else you want.


I still don't know what the OP is talking about. There hasn't been a link or description or anything posted yet. I don't have that other machine so I can't go searching for "EA Island" or whatever it is to check it out.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus /forum/post/15566756


I apologized. I made a mistake for jumping all over him. I don't know what else you want.


I still don't know what the OP is talking about. There hasn't been a link or description or anything posted yet. I don't have that other machine so I can't go searching for "EA Island" or whatever it is to check it out.
HERE
http://kotaku.com/5126550/the-ea-pla...plex-in-motion


Google is so hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
Oh cool. I hadn't seen that video before. Now I am really looking forward to it. So sad, I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/15561170


Can't you just play poker on your PC, for free or pay? You don't have to wait in a virtual line, either.

You really have to wait in line on Home? If so, why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/15561170


Can't you just play poker on your PC, for free or pay? You don't have to wait in a virtual line, either.

Yeah I can, but I only play poker in person. I'ld be afraid at seeing what monster I'ld self create by playing online, especially for money. This is an easy means to play amongst PS3 fans. Not a golfer but that part looks cool. The RC track looks promising. I hope EA Sports implements live scoreboard for sports, and nut just US sports either.. THAT would rock! And again, NOT a fan of HOME by ANY means
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundull /forum/post/15573704


You really have to wait in line on Home? If so, why?

Yes, in the arcade you do. If everyone is in the bowling lane, or playing pool, or playing the arcade cabinets you have to wait your turn. They're not instanced.


As for why, I'd say its because the people who designed Home are incompetent, and more interested in designing an advertisement peddling trojan horse than a compelling virtual world. Home is horrible.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top