AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this headset from turtle beach designed for the PS3. I should get it today. But am not here to promote this just want to let you guys know just in case u havent seen them yet.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efp21/home.aspx

A PlayStation 3 (PS3) Video Gaming Headset

with On-line Chat

The Ear Force P21 gaming headset pushes your Playstation 3 (PS3) gaming experience to a new level with superior stereo sound and crystal-clear communication on the PlayStation Network (PSN) through a USB connection. The P21 gives you a competitive advantage by bringing out sound cues in the game that are difficult to hear with speakerssuch as the footsteps of an enemy sneaking up on you or the loading of a weapon at a far distance. By combining PSN online chat with stereo game audio, the P21 also lets you clearly hear the voices of online players so you can communicate without being distracted from the game.

With its exceptional audio quality, convenient online communication and comfortable ergonomic design, the P21 can help you become a better player while making it a lot more fun to play games on your PS3

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunz /forum/post/16986504

I just purchased this headset from turtle beach designed for the PS3. I should get it today. But am not here to promote this just want to let you guys know just in case u havent seen them yet.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efp21/home.aspx

A PlayStation 3 (PS3) Video Gaming Headset

with On-line Chat

The Ear Force P21 gaming headset pushes your Playstation 3 (PS3) gaming experience to a new level with superior stereo sound and crystal-clear communication on the PlayStation Network (PSN) through a USB connection. The P21 gives you a competitive advantage by bringing out sound cues in the game that are difficult to hear with speakerssuch as the footsteps of an enemy sneaking up on you or the loading of a weapon at a far distance. By combining PSN online chat with stereo game audio, the P21 also lets you clearly hear the voices of online players so you can communicate without being distracted from the game.

With its exceptional audio quality, convenient online communication and comfortable ergonomic design, the P21 can help you become a better player while making it a lot more fun to play games on your PS3

Look forward to hearing your impressions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch /forum/post/16987467

Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Ok I will try them out for a few games and than give an update. I was going to wait for the wireless version but if they are anything like the 360 versions I wouldnt like the price point which is 199.99.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have the good turtlebeach suround ones for my PC - they make a good set, but yea the wires may harder to deal with on ps3

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I've been looking for something just like this, looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I dont have that headset exactly but I have something similar (Logitech I think) and I hate it because it is way too heavy after getting used to bluetooth. Also the "ear muffs" make my ears hot. It is 80 degrees inside my house in summer.

·
Registered
551 Posts
FWIW, there are cheaper ways of getting game sounds + chat sounds into the same headset.

It's especially cheaper if you already have a PC gaming headset that you like, or if you want to be able to buy a cheaper, more universal headset and use it with the PS3 and PC (and xbox, etc.)

See my post here , but get the USB soundcard here instead.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I like the idea of it being powered via usb rather than a wall outlet like the Tritton headsets. The cord length is a huge plus as well. I'm so over Bluetooth. Its neat and all but more often than not, it just plain sucks. And yes, I'm using the all mighty PS3 (socom) headset.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have tried the headsets and my first impression was how comfortable and light weight they are much better than my official ps3 Bluetooth headset. The sound quality is great(Killzone 2, battlefield 1943 and COD 5). The only issue I have is that when you increase the volume to max the bass sounds horrible( but I don't think anybody will play with these headsets on 100% volume way to loud for your ears to handle). The wire is long enough my sofa is about 13 feet away from the TV and it reach with no issue. The detail of sound of each movement and explosion is amazing. I have a Bose Lifestyle and this is not equal but is pretty good for the price. The MIC works like a charm crystal clear and the headset adjust the volume depending on the action on the game.

So if u are in the market for a headset for late nights or don't own a surround sound system these headsets are a good purchase.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunz /forum/post/16993774

Well I have tried the headsets and my first impression was how comfortable and light weight they are much better than my official ps3 Bluetooth headset. The sound quality is great(Killzone 2, battlefield 1943 and COD 5). The only issue I have is that when you increase the volume to max the bass sounds horrible( but I don't think anybody will play with these headsets on 100% volume way to loud for your ears to handle). The wire is long enough my sofa is about 13 feet away from the TV and it reach with no issue. The detail of sound of each movement and explosion is amazing. I have a Bose Lifestyle and this is not equal but is pretty good for the price. The MIC works like a charm crystal clear and the headset adjust the volume depending on the action on the game.

So if u are in the market for a headset for late nights or don't own a surround sound system these headsets are a good purchase.

nice. thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidenT /forum/post/16991226

FWIW, there are cheaper ways of getting game sounds + chat sounds into the same headset.

It's especially cheaper if you already have a PC gaming headset that you like, or if you want to be able to buy a cheaper, more universal headset and use it with the PS3 and PC (and xbox, etc.)

Pretty cool.

You can actually get it for $4 with free shipping on ebay if you aren't buying anything else from Amazon to get free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-3D-Audio-Sou...d=p3286.c0.m14

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidenT /forum/post/16991226

I love the USB soundcard. I haven't hooked it up with the PS3 but it plays nice with my MacBook. And if it works with an Apple product, it's pretty much a green light for any other product!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.