AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wait until you hear them. You’ll love it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Reminds me when I put mine beside a pair of 18s many years ago. That's when I was moving up from some dayton 15hf's. Pics like that never gets old. Nice!

Speaking of nws6021. I had my mind made up of 4 fiaudio ib318v2 in my stairwell. But now I'm on the fence between those and adding a couple of these to what I already have. I trying to get rid of some large enclosures for waf purposes. Is it worth a few nights on the couch to say "hey honey, I got rid of one massive enclosure and replaced it with another massive enclosure"? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Reminds me when I put mine beside a pair of 18s many years ago. That's when I was moving up from some dayton 15hf's. Pics like that never gets old. Nice!

Speaking of nws6021. I had my mind made up of 4 fiaudio ib318v2 in my stairwell. But now I'm on the fence between those and adding a couple of these to what I already have. I trying to get rid of some large enclosures for waf purposes. Is it worth a few nights on the couch to say "hey honey, I got rid of one massive enclosure and replaced it with another massive enclosure"? :unsure:
Just gives you more reason to stay up late listening to bass.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lol, yeah. I guess I can look at it like that. The vibrations from the bass might even help keep me warm for the nights I would have to spend on the couch.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What cabinet are you doing to put them in ?
Here is one of the enclosures I had custom made by a local car audio shop to match the specs of 2 GSG BTS subs that will be up front behind the screen wall (3 subs in total)
IMG_0263.jpg

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is one of the enclosures I had custom made by a local car audio shop to match the specs of 2 GSG BTS subs that will be up front behind the screen wall (3 subs in total) View attachment 3097799
Here is the riser sub going into its final resting place and the driver and port are covered here to prevent damage from the construction crew. The green tape is acoustic joist tape to prevent vibration.
IMG_20210212_095755_1.jpg
IMG_20210212_130306.jpg
IMG_20210215_211752.jpg

The driver and port will have floor rated walking grates to prevent injury(or damage) from unsuspecting guests( materials analysis- weight bearing simulation below)
IMG_0261.PNG

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found a local laser metal cutting shop to cut the 23"x23" grate out of 3/16" steel for $75! As long as my fat friends don't exceed the 750lb weight limit, the NSW is safe!

·
Registered
Simple, effective, fun.
17 Posts
Looks great. I’m off to the store to buy a couple blades. I’m starting to build my cabs today modeled from the BTS to put in my riser as well!

·
Registered
413 Posts
What about dust, hopefully there will be speaker fabric glued to the underside of the metal too?
Crank it up, dust problem solved, right? :p

·
Registered
242 Posts
Awesome! I've started thinking about doing the same thing when I go to build my riser. My 2nd tier will be tall enough that I could fit a full marty laying down inside of it. I figured the row of seats would be above the driver, and the port would be behind them, so no risk of people walking on them. The grate still seems like a good idea though. Where did you find the grate? Or are you building it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Modern drivers are so much fun and so capable. I remember being in the heaven, feeling dual Beyma 18“ subs "patting me on the back more than friendly". Now freaking single 21“ can slightly outdo that. I am half class down though, with RCF LF21N551. I wonder if Powersoft M-force would do something like 19“ to fit in a compact bin and outdo even that. Anyways, gratz and enjoy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts