AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by walters
That's cold, Brett :)
I think it's a sort of weird category to give an Emmy. I suppose they hand out all sorts of Emmy's that aren't shown during the main televised ceremony, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BrettStah



I think it's a sort of weird category to give an Emmy. I suppose they hand out all sorts of Emmy's that aren't shown during the main televised ceremony, though.
I seem to remember DirecTV got an Emmy for a process they put local channels through to clean up the signal before compression (this is not a joke) :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
I thought this was an UltimateTV forum. If I wanted Tivo info, I'd go to the Tivo forum....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by walters



I seem to remember DirecTV got an Emmy for a process they put local channels through to clean up the signal before compression (this is not a joke) :eek:
Apple won an Emmy for Firewire.


/carmi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by utvlvr
I thought this was an UltimateTV forum. If I wanted Tivo info, I'd go to the Tivo forum....
I just thought it was funny/weird that there was an Emmy category for PVR's. It turns out that ReplayTV won, too. I'm guessing UTV came in 3rd though! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
there was also some deal by which they loaded up Replays and TiVos with nominated shows, and sent them off to certain judges for reviewing.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top