Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
That's some praise from an outfit which can't even get its show on the air :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah, and funny how the Replay was out first but Tivo invented it.... But since when does anyone actually trust and believe the corrupt and political choices made by the Academy, everyone knows that money talks and they have never been fair or evenhanded in their selections.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they've had some bad luck with the timing of that, haven't they? Now they're shooting for Nov. 4th, apparently...

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Glenn, you're forgetting that other guy that's got the patent on PVRs.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Just which crap are you referring to sparrent?:D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It's all crap, and we're all in it together.

Then again, and getting back to the subject at hand, it's not at all surprising that the gang of juggling clowns went for the box with the juggling clowns.

Not that it matters a heck of a lot anyway, but it is nice that the idea of the DVR is getting some sort of public visibility.

But far be it for me to stand in the way of what could well shape up into a boffo holy war.

Bring it on!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, that's pretty funny! Everybody is a winner! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quote:
from toots
But far be it for me to stand in the way of what could well shape up into a boffo holy war.

Bring it on!

toots, who are the combatants in this "holy war?." Do you mean between UTV and TIVO?, as Replay is going in an entirely different direction than the others with their 4Ks. Targeting the high end few as opposed to the mainstream low end for the others.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Well, you're no fun!

·
Registered
678 Posts
And now a word from our sponsor:

Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including statements as to the expected features, benefits and timing of shipment and availability of the ReplayTV 4000 models and the Company's expectations regarding future products and services, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including, but not limited to, the impact of competitive products and pricing and of alternative technological advances, uncertainties arising from the events that occurred in the United States on September 11, 2001, and other risks detailed from time to time in the SEC reports of SONICblue Incorporated (formerly S3 Incorporated), including its quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2001. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. SONICblue disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.

Back to the show:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally posted by mikek
Did replaytv and Ultimate tv get nominated? -mk
Check out the link that toots posted a little ways up... you'll see that apparently both Tivo and Replay won an Emmy. No word about UTV...

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
But then Emmy's (or Oscars or Grammys) rarely reflect what in reality is the best. If they did, Gilmore Girls would be a shoo in and ER would be off the air. I think someone who's lived with both Tivo and Replay for years now could answer that from a better perspective.

Since I just nominated myself here as a legitimate Emmy voter, I say, for 2001, Replay/SS hands down. For 2002 I predict the Replay 4K.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oops, missed it before. Congratulations on the Doctor, Doctor Toots. We've missed your input!

Blaine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.