AVS Forum banner

3601 - 3620 of 8073 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
O my you still have a AE900u' You might wan to contact the Smithsonian to donate it for their collection. I started out with the ae900' it was a nice FP back then. Then I upgraded about every 2 years and sold the old one's here. You will blow your mind with the newer Epson or Sony ect. The contrast and color is so above your ae900 now . Also Epson 4k pixel shifting is so good that I do not worry about it being native 4k. Every review says the same. The real reason to upgrade is Contrast and color for me. I still use a Epson 5300ub and love it' I only have 300 hours on it and will keep it for another year. Then see when the price of the 5050 drops. I know my signature says I am new but I been a member since 2005 due to lost pass words and new computer. And I would not worry about it being Native 4k or pixel shifting.
hahahaha nice to have met another who started with a PJ at the grass roots level. Cool you have me hyped for the 5050! Thanks! :D

Reactions: gibson61

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I am 120 at 12 ft. So 150 at 15 ft sounds about right to me as well. My next screen will be 150 AT screen...5 years from now when we get a true 4K laser projector under $10K with 3000+ lumens.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I went back and measured and I'm actually at a little less than 14ft eye to screen on my 150" screen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
Is this a dead 6050 pixel? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Is this a dead 6050 pixel? Thanks.
That doesn't look good...does it move around with the image?
It's fixed in one spot. If I shift image up/down, it stays in same relative spot, which is almost the exact middle of image. My 6050 was delivered August 21. I just noticed this a few days ago. 40 hours on unit. Is it a dead pixel or dust or ?

·
Registered
393 Posts
It's fixed in one spot. If I shift image up/down, it stays in same relative spot, which is almost the exact middle of image. My 6050 was delivered August 21. I just noticed this a few days ago. 40 hours on unit. Is it a dead pixel or dust or ?
I could have read somewhere that someone had that same issue with their PJ...but I can recall that it had to do with the blue light being misaligned requiring warranty.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If it doesn't follow the image, it's not a pixel issue. Having recently occurred, it's likely dust or debris finding it's way onto the lens surface or in the light path.

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
If it doesn't follow the image, it's not a pixel issue. Having recently occurred, it's likely dust or debris finding it's way onto the lens surface or in the light path.
Seems like a dust blob Google dust blobs and you'll see plenty of pictures. So sorry to hear of your troubles. Make sure you have Epson send you a brand new one I would tell them they should take it out of the box for you and check it if you want to they did that with mine. You shouldn't have much trouble once you send them a picture.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Seems like a dust blob Google dust blobs and you'll see plenty of pictures. So sorry to hear of your troubles. Make sure you have Epson send you a brand new one I would tell them they should take it out of the box for you and check it if you want to they did that with mine. You shouldn't have much trouble once you send them a picture.

So if it is a dust blob...is that something you can air can out? Doesn't that projector have a hepa type dust filter for that reason? Or does dust blobs require service?

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
So if it is a dust blob...is that something you can air can out? Doesn't that projector have a hepa type dust filter for that reason? Or does dust blobs require service?
Dust blobs require service I would not try shooting any type of pressurized air inside of it it probably wouldn't fix the problem and it would certainly make some other things worse they do not have any type of HEPA filter in the projector because it needs to get air through to the LCD panels in order to cool them off. Just has a regular filter in it

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
EPSON should just provide a new projector or just return to the store for a new projector. Dust blobs happen infrequently but they can happen during the manufacturing process. No facility is dust free. Just bad luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks dimi123 and skylarlove1999!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi123
The sequence for the service menu should be the same as on the 5040/6040: press Menu for 8 seconds then Esc twice.

Thank you for having the knowledge willingness to use your time to share. It is greatly appreciated. By accessing the service menu it will not reset any saved custom settings, correct? Always nervous about using any remote buttons to access a somewhat hidden menu.

Thanks dimi123 - the sequence works like a charm on the 5050 and, as you indicated, nothing gets changed.

And thanks skylarlove1999 for your input as well!

All very helpful :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sorry, by fixed, I meant fixed on the image, not the screen. Probably there from the beginning but only noticed it after 30+ hours. Did some troubleshooting by phone with Epson yesterday and FedEx had a new projector in my hands in about 20 hours. Awesome customer service.

·
Registered
124 Posts
3d is pretty much dead. And will be gone all the way soon. But the Epson does have good 3d as most reviews claim. I play 3d movie 's for the kids once in a while on my Epson and most love it. But 3d would be the last thing that I would be concern with when buying a new projector.
Not really all major films are still released in 3D and are available on Blu Ray on Zavi etc... Some movies are even rated higher in 3D than the 4K version , watch Spare Change reviews on you tube for example .

·
Registered
393 Posts
When I get mine, I was thinking of taking a black sharpie and coloring it black. Would that void warranty?
Right?! I was saying the same thing...My theater is all black and this PJ the size of a small fridge is bright white...unacceptable!

I was even thinking of applying some black sticker type vinyl removable something just to cut down it being an eyesore to the main top and sides when hung from the ceiling.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Apple 4K TV No Signal???

I am completely baffled. I was dicking around with A4KTV video settings last night. I tried to set it to 4K HDR and it didn’t work, screen went Black. It’s supposed to revert to previous video setting if no picture, but it didn’t.

I finally took the 4ktv unit to diff room and hooked it up to a oled tv. Instantly I see picture. I reduced video setting. Hooked it back up to 5050ub via NAD 758 AVR.... and still no picture.

I’ve tried hooking it to alternate hdmi ports that I know are working and still nothing.

It’s insane I don’t know what to do.

Can anyone think of any reason this could be happening??

·
Registered
190 Posts
It’s probably your HDMI cable that is not up to the task. If not, it could some setting on your receiver?

Try to connect the Apple TV directly to the projector with a short quality cable and go from there.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
It’️s probably your HDMI cable that is not up to the task. If not, it could some setting on your receiver?

Try to connect the Apple TV directly to the projector with a short quality cable and go from there.

Hope this helps!
It’s not the HDMI cord. I’ve switched it with another I tested to be working.

Now I took additional steps of resetting the entire thing. Still doesn’t work. But my oled is 4K HDR and I feel like somehow that’s the problem. That for god knows what reason the projector is is giving it the wrong info... and the A4KTV is selecting a video format not compatible with Epson.

My Apple Music is playing fine with the unit. So audio is passing but no picture.

3601 - 3620 of 8073 Posts