AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4083 Posts

·
Registered
18,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thriller set two hundred years in the future, The Expanse follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened
detective and a rogue ship’s captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

This hour-long, ten episode series is based on the popular New York Times bestselling book series collectively known as The Expanse,
written by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (under the pen name James S. A. Corey). Abraham and Franck will be show producers. The multi-installment,
best-selling book series is published in 17 countries, including China, France, Japan, Australia, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom. One in the
series, Leviathan Wakes, was nominated for a Hugo Award as well as a Locus Award, while “Caliban’s War” was nominated for a Locus Award.

STARRING

Thomas Jane
Steven Strait
Shoreh Aghdashloo

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse

Reactions: cardoski and Don S

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I have this dream of being able to read an abstract for a new series without seeing the words "detective", "cop", "investigator", or "officer" in it.

·
Registered
18,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At least with this Syfy series they're actually in outer space.;)

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
^^Unless it turns out they're not!!!

Hey, they can change the book's elements anyway they want, doncha know. :D

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
This is definitely set in space, right? ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,214 Posts
I gave up waiting and read all the books. Will probably still watch. Though there's one of the books I'm hoping they'll skip. Talk about long and BORING.

·
Registered
18,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Latest trailer.

Reactions: Keenan

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Yes, it premieres this December.

·
Registered
18,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
‘The Expanse’ Set For Digital Launch Ahead Of December Premiere On Syfy

Syfy’s 10-hour series The Expanse will debut its first episode on Monday, November 23 on VOD,
TV Everywhere and digital platforms, three weeks ahead of its linear debut on the network. The
series, premieres on Syfy with a two-night premiere at 10 PM Monday, December 14 and Tuesday,
December 15, and continues on Tuesdays at 10 PM for the remainder of the season.

Starting November 23 and available through the series’ Syfy premiere on December 14, The Expanse’s
first episode can be viewed via Syfy On Demand, Syfy.com, the Syfy Now App, Hulu, Amazon, Google Play,
Vudu, iTunes, Playstation, Xbox, Facebook and YouTube.
http://deadline.com/2015/11/the-expanse-digital-premiere-syfy-series-1201604928/

·
Registered
995 Posts
I watched it, there was a lot going on and probably should not have been watched while I was working, the VFX seemed great, I think I'll need to watch it again.

Reactions: dnoonie

·
Premium Member
Bedroom: 50-in 1080p LCD, XG1v4 (Ultra HD DVR for Comcast), BD Player; Office: 32-in LCD, etc.
2,421 Posts
The first episode is on Comcast Video-On-Demand, free and commercial free. It's interesting enough to get me to watch the second episode, which will air on December 15.

Syfy Channel is showing the first episode, the one I just watched, on December 14. Also, one can watch the first episode on the Syfy web site (uses Flash Player), at this link: http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/videos/101-dulcinea

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I watched the first episode. I see a lot of potential for it to be a good series.

Reactions: JoeTiVo

·
Super Moderator
18,214 Posts
Thanks for the head's up. Watched the first episode, last night. Yes, the VFX were VERY good given what must be a limited budget. Casting was pretty spot-on, except that Holden's younger in the TV show than I perceived him to be in the books. When I read the books, I actually pictured Shohreh Aghdashloo as Chrisjen Avasarala, so that casting seemed perfect. Though I do miss her profanities. In the books, she has quite the potty mouth.

1 - 20 of 4083 Posts